Barber Motorsports Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barber Motorsports Alabama

Speaking of race tracks. I got to tour this place and holy two wheel orgasm it was awesome. Never seen so many vintage bikes before. They have a track that is top notch as well. If you ever get the chance and are near Birmingham check it out its worth your time.

http://www.barbermuseum.org/

Also some cool stuff laid over the grounds

Last pic about mid to the right and up of mid point, that white Beemer is Tits.

Comment

We were just discussing going out there to race next year.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

It's worth the time just looking at the bikes. And the track grounds are top notch too. Would be great to race or watch a race there. I am a motocross fan so I was pumped to see some good MX bikes. They had one 2003 Tim Ferry bike and one supermoto. Everything else was old school. Not that I mind that but just something to expect.

Comment

That is kickass, I never knew anything neat was in Alabama lol.

Comment

EvilJose and I went and saw a gp race there back in 2004. We took both of our bikes and stayed for a couple days. There's also a bad ass road near that track to goes up and down a mountain. Elevation changes about 1000ft. Sadly I dont have any pics of it from back then. Jose might

Comment

Great place to race, helped a GT car 8 years ago there.
              Museum was bad ass, including the full machine shop below it.

Comment

What is this, a racetrack for ants?

/Zoolander

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  We were just discussing going out there to race next year.
                  Make sure your shit don't leak and be aware and follow ALL of the rules. They think their asphalt and grass are made of gold. Take plywood to put under your jackstands and such.

Museum is awesome. There is also an AMA museum, Talladega, and a cool car and CASE knife museum within driving distance IIRC. That used to be in my territory for work.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                    EvilJose and I went and saw a gp race there back in 2004. We took both of our bikes and stayed for a couple days. There's also a bad ass road near that track to goes up and down a mountain. Elevation changes about 1000ft. Sadly I dont have any pics of it from back then. Jose might
                    Just checked and it was 2005. Got a ton of pics from that trip and I think the following year when I went again. The Museum is worth the trip alone but definitely watching a bike race there was awesome. Beautiful track! I'll have to dig up some pictures to share.

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                    What is this, a racetrack for ants?

/Zoolander
                    LMAO!

Comment

Was there a few months ago, never seen so many rare bikes in one spot before. Really nicely done, they are expanding too.

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
                      Great place to race, helped a GT car 8 years ago there.
                      Museum was bad ass, including the full machine shop below it.
                      I wanted to see the fab/machine shop on the lowest level but it isn't open to the public. Looks like they do a lot of research to restore stuff to "period correct". (Then again I know almost nothing about bikes....)
                      1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                      1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                      2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

I have a 100 pictures of that place. I got to go for work. That collection is only like 60% of what he owns. They get rotated regularly. He is building another building to display the rest of the collection.
                        Originally posted by Marisa
                        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                          I have a 100 pictures of that place. I got to go for work. That collection is only like 60% of what he owns. They get rotated regularly. He is building another building to display the rest of the collection.
                          What a snob working for Mercedes-Benz going on trips and stuff.

In the shop on the bottom floor you can see tons of autographs from famous people on one of the support poles for the floor above. Got a pic of Jack Roush's herbie hancock.

Comment

Yup I'm a big snob. I also get to go to West point in March for the MB leadership academy. Oh and I was in Chicago the week of the election. Snob and solid barg!
                            Originally posted by Marisa
                            we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

the grounds there look great.

The grounds at Texas World? Not so much.

Comment

Working...
                              X