Barber Motorsports Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
    Yup I'm a big snob. I also get to go to West point in March for the MB leadership academy. Oh and I was in Chicago the week of the election. Snob and solid barg!
    Geez "I get to go to West Point" meh meh meh....

just kidding I have already been to both too

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
      EvilJose and I went and saw a gp race there back in 2004. We took both of our bikes and stayed for a couple days. There's also a bad ass road near that track to goes up and down a mountain. Elevation changes about 1000ft. Sadly I dont have any pics of it from back then. Jose might
      What road would that be? What mountain?

I might head out that way and visit.
      Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
        The grounds at Texas World? Not so much.
        Careful, they may ban you from TWS if you talk bad about it!

Couple of NASA guys got banned from TWS for speaking negatively about the restrooms there, watch out!
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
          What road would that be? What mountain?

I might head out that way and visit.
          I'll have to dig up what I had found but it was south of the track and went up into the mountains a little. If you do any Google searching, I remember there being a biker bed and breakfast, or something like that, geared towards bikers where they could stay while in the area. I'm working right now but I'll try to look it up later when I have some free time.

I uploaded all of my pictures to Google last night and it created these little movie clips (I didn't choose the music!) so I thought I would share.

Barber Motorsport Park 2005

Barber Motorsport Park 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            I'll have to dig up what I had found but it was south of the track and went up into the mountains a little. If you do any Google searching, I remember there being a biker bed and breakfast, or something like that, geared towards bikers where they could stay while in the area. I'm working right now but I'll try to look it up later when I have some free time.

I uploaded all of my pictures to Google last night and it created these little movie clips (I didn't choose the music!) so I thought I would share.

Barber Motorsport Park 2005

Barber Motorsport Park 2007

I'll dig into it this evening. I've been going to the Tail of The Dragon a couple years in a row, and I've been thinking about finding a different destination. Since no one wants to go to Cali with me, this is a helluva good choice, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
              the grounds there look great.

The grounds at Texas World? Not so much.
              Don't talk about the shit-piss smell in the bathrooms...

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
                I'll dig into it this evening. I've been going to the Tail of The Dragon a couple years in a row, and I've been thinking about finding a different destination. Since no one wants to go to Cali with me, this is a helluva good choice, I think.
                I think it was hwy 25

Comment

I went on the bandit run a few years back and as a part of that we drove to the track and did a couple of laps - it was a *lot* of fun, I could see that the the track would be pretty challenging at speed (we drove it at low speed with a pace car ahead of us preventing any tom foolery) and yes they seem quite fussy about following the rules and such.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                    I think it was hwy 25
                    Rad

Comment

I've got a lot of family in Birmingham (I was there this weekend) and have driven by Barber many times but never had a chance to go. My uncle said they have the largest bike collection 2nd to Harley, and they all supposedly run.
                      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                        I've got a lot of family in Birmingham (I was there this weekend) and have driven by Barber many times but never had a chance to go. My uncle said they have the largest bike collection 2nd to Harley, and they all supposedly run.
                        If you go again I would pay $50 for a 12 pack of Cahaba Oktoberfest beer. Best damm beer ever!

Comment

Working...
                        X