DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > God and Country

God and Country Politics and Religion

Old 02-14-2018, 09:25 PM   #41
GeorgeG.
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
Most charities are a hustle. To qualify as a charity I believe that you only have to pay out 8 percent of your yearly donations.

There is big money to be made in non-profits.
I agree. The Wounded Warrior Project is a good example. I've read countless times where they do not help veterans as much as they claim to.
GeorgeG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:39 PM   #42
svauto-erotic855
I know everything, I'm older than you
VIP Member

^^^^^ The Clinton Foundation is another one that comes to mind.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:43 AM   #43
8mpg
Lifer

Only problem is, Im sure the government will overpay for everything. They are just as bad as spending money as the people on food stamps. This will bring more nonsense government contracts pay $10 for $1 worth of product and only qualified contractors per the regulations will be able to bid...they will pick the highest lobbied company etc...
8mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:16 AM   #44
Chas_svo
86 SVO 344rwhp 'n gaining
VIP Member

Actually that is the biggest problem in DC - lobbyists. They need to be the first in the nooses.
01 TJ - new toy (gone)
65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold, 3/21/13
Chas_svo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:23 AM   #45
Gasser64
Lifer

So we arrive back at ending campaign contributions, once again. To achieve that would be to tear out the problem at the root.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:13 AM   #46
svauto-erotic855
I know everything, I'm older than you
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg View Post
Only problem is, Im sure the government will overpay for everything. They are just as bad as spending money as the people on food stamps. This will bring more nonsense government contracts pay $10 for $1 worth of product and only qualified contractors per the regulations will be able to bid...they will pick the highest lobbied company etc...
The feds already buy hundreds of thousands of tons of food every year and throw it away in an effort to prop up commodities prices. Stop throwing that food away and give it to people that need it.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:49 AM   #47
ceyko
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
The feds already buy hundreds of thousands of tons of food every year and throw it away in an effort to prop up commodities prices. Stop throwing that food away and give it to people that need it.
...there is the big one too. Support those on hard times, but are trying. Support 0-17 y/o youth and olds. Support those incapable of supporting themselves. Support able bodied folks on hard times - temporarily.

If one failed drug test, remove taxpayer support.

If that was done I think we'd be fine from a cost point of view (or at least most Americans would be okay with the expense). It's all the abuse of various programs that have folks spun up - or mostly that's what ticks people off.
ceyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:16 PM   #48
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
It's all the abuse of various programs that have folks spun up - or mostly that's what ticks people off.
That is the reason why you just can't have the programs in the first place. Abuse by moochers, and abuse by the government. You could set up the perfect system, and then 20-30 years would go by and it would be corrupted to its core. A good sounding bad idea.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:45 AM   #49
FastFox
Time Served

The abuse will NEVER be stopped. The REAL expense of programs is the massive amount of payroll, real estate and equipment used to make the program work. We most likely would come out cheaper if all government buildings and employees of the programs were eliminated and had a super computer wire $500 to every citizen every month. To get the money, you must have a bank account. No bank account, no money.
FastFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feed the poor lolz!, lmao yeah rite, lolz80%ofdfwsfucked, mostly whites on snap lol, naynay sez noooooooo, nays gonna starve lolz, nays=get a job lazy ass, svo could provide better