90 Coupe build (aka copy birddog)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
    I agree with ya, happen to still have the old spacer? Did you have your car set to 03 cobra specs? Front and rear? One or the other? Or did you have numbers in mind you wanted?
    When I got my coil over kit from MM, I spent a few hours on the phone with Jack and used his recommendations (or as close as the shop could get them) for the alignment based on the kit I bought and the setup I have. Some of the specs were stock, others weren't. I've got it in an email if you want me to dig it up but it was supposedly specific to my setup based on all the info I gave Jack.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      When I got my coil over kit from MM, I spent a few hours on the phone with Jack and used his recommendations (or as close as the shop could get them) for the alignment based on the kit I bought and the setup I have. Some of the specs were stock, others weren't. I've got it in an email if you want me to dig it up but it was supposedly specific to my setup based on all the info I gave Jack.
      No need just had them set it to 04 cobra specs.

Finally a little payoff, been working on the car almost since I bought it and never had driven it more than about 5 miles. Ventured to the alignment shop saturday morning, got it all aligned.

On to the next problem, it has a dead spot where the car falls flat onto its face at 3000rpms under WOT. Pulls good down low, doesn't spit and sputter, just feels like it hits a very faint rev limiter, or at the top of the power band. Cleaned the maf, throttle body, put new plugs wires and distributer on it, and in the process found part of my problem

Going to pick up a fuel pressure gauge on the way home tomorrow and see if it is running out of fuel and go from there.

Comment

Working...
      X