most disliked taxes? most supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most disliked taxes? most supported?

anyone want to help me with my homework?

what are the most disliked taxes in America and what are the taxes most supported by Americans?

i need a poll showing this info. i have looked on cnn.com and gallup poll but I haven't found anything i can use.

can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Most hated - Income Tax

Most "supported" - local sales tax

Comment

I think you'll find the younger half of your study will have a great disdain for social security, as we'll never see a fucking dime of it.

most supported i think is local sales or maybe the tax on the idiots who buy lottery tickets

Comment

Social security and Medicare/Medicaid is way fucking up there, too.

Comment

All.
          None.

Comment

fucking property tax .

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              All.
              None.
              Glad you're 100% independent of government aid buddy...oh wait

Comment

My own most-supported tax would be, as others have posted, local sales tax.

Following that would motor fuel taxes and sin taxes, i.e. taxes on tobacco and alcohol products.

Of course I also support the Social Security and Medicare taxes since I'm a baby boomer.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                  I think you'll find the younger half of your study will have a great disdain for social security, as we'll never see a fucking dime of it.

most supported i think is local sales or maybe the tax on the idiots who buy lottery tickets
                  Yea fuck a bunch social security I'm all for money gained off the brotha's 401k ie the lottery

Comment

I don't like any of them. They are a drain on the economy because money funneled into government does very little unless it is put into infrastructure or defense projects.

The worst is the Ponzi scheme called social security. But you'll never get rid of it because the old people have the most powerful special interest group in Washington. It is ok to steal from the younger members of our society as long as you do it with government and don't use a gun.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
                      Glad you're 100% independent of government aid buddy...oh wait
                      Yeah I know.

He asked which was liked and supported. I answered

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                        fucking property tax .
                        There are others that are higher, but I don't think there are any that are worse. With property tax they can basically rob you of your land. Aren't there some states in the US that don't actually have a property tax? Where no matter what, you can never lose your land as long as its paid off?

Basically the government says that no, you don't own your land. You rent it from us. And when you don't pay the rent, we're going to take it and sell it. Cause we have that right, as landlords.
                        Last edited by Photonfanatic; 12-30-2010, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          Yeah I know.

He asked which was liked and supported. I answered
                          I'm just in the mood to be a jackass this week

Comment

thanks for the input guys. i am more interested in finding a recent poll where this was the topic. or at least point me in the right direction to find such a poll.

thanks

Comment

any state that supports it's schools with state income tax will have chump change taxes on land and home. texas tries to support everything on the back of property owners. it's a fucked up way of doing it. doesn't work and nobody in texas has enough balls to change it. the best time to be paying taxes is while your working , not when your retired.

Comment

Working...
                              X