Car audio deck suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car audio deck suggestions

Looking for a new deck that has aux input, sounds good, and doesn't light up the inside of the car like a techno concert.

So many options. If you are cheap, Kenwood and Alpine both have decks with 1/8" aux input as well as USB for approx $80. For less than $200 you can have streaming bluetooth with handsfree phone kit, HD radio, USB for ipod/iphone, aux in, 3pr RCA outputs, built in X-over, 3 band parametric EQ, etc, etc.

Comment

Unless you just love the thought of carrying around a case of CDs, look at a Digital Media Receiver. Looks just like a traditional receiver but no CD player. I had a JVC with Bluetooth audio and calling as we'll as USB support and loved it. I think I picked it up for about $100 from Crutchfield
      - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
      1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

I was trying to rid of carrying the cd case around and dealing with scratched ones and just carry the ipod. Does that JVC have a harddrive or something?

EW, I guess the ones with all the bells and whistles for less than 200$

Comment

Let us know what you drive, and we'll show you exactly what works in your ride. Get FREE 2-day shipping, discounted installation gear, and free custom instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post
            Unless you just love the thought of carrying around a case of CDs, look at a Digital Media Receiver. Looks just like a traditional receiver but no CD player. I had a JVC with Bluetooth audio and calling as we'll as USB support and loved it. I think I picked it up for about $100 from Crutchfield
            That's what I have. I know most people scoff at JVC but I love it for what it does. Stream Pandora/w control, a few RCA pre-amp outputs, and hands-free calling is all I needed.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
              EW, I guess the ones with all the bells and whistles for less than 200$
              yes

Comment

I got the Pioneer 80-PRS and it sounds really nice. Has lots of options for tuning, including a 16 band EQ for each side. It was a little over $300, but worth it.

Comment

I installed a DUAL XHD-7714 in my truck and LOVE IT! Laugh at the brand all you want.....but Best Buy was clearancing them last spring for 89 bucks. Detachable face with large easy to read LCD, Built in Bluetooth, built in HD radio, front panel USB and Aux-in with Ipod control(I soldered in an Aux jack on the rear for my satellite radio), built in 50x4 amp, front/rear/sub pre-outs, CD player with MP3/WMA, wireless remote, steering wheel control capable. I've seen them on Ebay for as cheap as $40 bucks and it sounds FANTASTIC. This thing matches every Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC, Sony etc. that I've ever owned for 1/2 the price.

Comment

I am a Kenwood guy always had great luck with them
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X