Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
    Actually...

“An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up” (Proverbs 12:25, NIV).

“I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” (Psalm 34:4).

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:6-7) (Also see Psalm 55:22-23)

“Then Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?’” (Luke 12:22-26, NIV). (Also see Matthew 6:25-34)

“Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God” (Psalm 42:5).

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones” (Proverbs 3:5-8).

“…the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:26-28).

“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19).

“I can do everything through him who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13).

The apostle Paul found his strength in God, He reminds us that, “I …have …been in prison …frequently, been flogged …severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers. …I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. …Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn? If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. …I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. …[God] said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong” (2 Corinthians 11:23-12:10).

“So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?’” (Hebrews 13:6).

“…put your hope in the LORD both now and forevermore.” (Psalm 131:1)
    Holy crap it would be scary if you were in the hospital, deathly ill, and the doctor walked up without any medical information, tools, not even a medical degree...but instead a degree in Theology and a Bible.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
      Holy crap it would be scary if you were in the hospital, deathly ill, and the doctor walked up without any medical information, tools, not even a medical degree...but instead a degree in Theology and a Bible.
      Lol. You misunderstand. Nothing wrong with good medicine. With all the crap we (mankind) have brought on ourselves its a damn good thing we have Dr.'s.
      Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
        Yup. But I am sure these people will delusionorationalize it to fit their religious agenda. God's will. God guides the doctor's hands. Etc...

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
          Yup. But I am sure these people will delusionorationalize it to fit their religious agenda. God's will. God guides the doctor's hands. Etc...
          Lol. I bet you run into some real religious nut cases in your line of work. Trust me, I know you have worked hard to provide good care to those in need. And I certainly don't take you Dr.'s for granted. You guys are a absolute need.
          Photobucket

Comment

A new word is born!....and it's a big one.

Simply put though, God created the man/woman that became the doctor, doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
              Lol. I bet you run into some real religious nut cases in your line of work. Trust me, I know you have worked hard to provide good care to those in need. And I certainly don't take you Dr.'s for granted. You guys are a absolute need.
              Actually, there are more religious nutcases on here.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                A new word is born!....and it's a big one.

Simply put though, God created the man/woman that became the doctor, doctor.
                This would be included in "etc" above. So youre saying God guided the person to become the doctor who helps heal people?

Comment

This would be included in "etc" above. So youre saying God guided the person to become the doctor who helps heal people?
                  The doctor became the doctor through their own hard work. God created that person and blessed them with certain talents, which they developed by their own free will and use for the benefit of others.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                    The doctor became the doctor through their own hard work. God created that person and blessed them with certain talents, which they developed by their own free will and use for the benefit of others.
                    I'm pretty sure his parents created him. And evolutionary proof will be coming shortly, for all the idiots that think it isn't true.

Edit: AAAANNNNND here it is. Three things, a Wiki page, that's easier to read than the actual website for the study, the actual website for the study, and for the reading impaired, a video.

http://myxo.css.msu.edu/ecoli/
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._coli...ion_experiment
                    Last edited by racrguy; 12-07-2010, 09:33 PM.

Comment

"But that wasn't evolution [macroevolution], it was adaptation [microevolution] and it is possible to adapt without speciating thus not proof of evolution [macroevolution]"

Nevermind that speciation is the only logical result of adaptation in the long term. Oh, and there's that little bit that we have observed speciation in sexually reproducing species. Oh, and that a change such as the ability to metabolize citrate (like in your video) would be grounds for considering speciation in an asexually reproducing organism.

Comment

I read the OP's first post only, and I just wanted to say...... I don't give a fuck.

How the fuck ever we got here doesn't matter, we're worm food when we die, end of story.
                        Vortex rear stand $75
                        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                        11 4 door
                        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                          I read the OP's first post only, and I just wanted to say...... I don't give a fuck.

How the fuck ever we got here doesn't matter, we're worm food when we die, end of story.
                          "He's a simple....kind of man...."

I like it!
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post

But but we're human and we're better than every other living creature on this planet...human vanity.

Comment

Its ok... God is a mass murderer and we are all inbred through Adam and Eve. Thats what I got from reading Genesis

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                                Its ok... God is a mass murderer and we are all inbred through Adam and Eve. Thats what I got from reading Genesis
                                For the most part, Christians disregard the Old Testament unless something in it supports their argument or agenda.

Comment

Working...
                                X