13 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 years

Okay ladies and gents, it's that time of year. You'll excuse any spelling mistakes, I'm buzzed because I messed my back up and I'm on hydrocodone at the moment. 13 years ago on 04/04/04 I was shot in the head by an insurgent in Sadr City, Iraq. I shot him back, was overdosed on morphine and died, freaked out the medic that was putting me in a body bag when I woke up and so on and so forth.

Tomorrow I'll be raising a glass for my brothers who didn't make it back and I write this in their honor. To the heroes of 2/5 Cav, 1st Cav division who lost their lives on Black Sunday, on April 4, 2004. I will never forget and I will set aside this day in remembrance every day I am able to.

Shoot 'em in the face.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Wow--shot in the head and still going! Goes without saying that God ain't done with you yet! Thank you for your service...all of you. I'll be thinking of you, and you are in my prayers as you remember, and as you honor thefallen. Be good to yourself.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Comment

Lucky 13

Comment

Eh, shot in the head and then a few months after that I got hit by a semi doing 55 while I was sitting at a red light in a Ford Ranger.

Only down side is Time put my article behind a paywall now.

Comment

Appreciate you brother, you and those that were lost.

Comment

Cheers to you and your brothers!

Comment

Comment

Hey Frost, thank you for your service. I read the Time story a long time ago when you first posted the link. I told a bunch of my friends and coworkers about it and they thought it was a great story to read and were amazed that you survived. It sucks that Time put in a pay to read now. I didn't know about the semi and your ranger, guess you still have seven life's to go. My first shot of crown will be to you tomorrow.
                sigpic

Comment

Congratulations, I think?

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                    Congratulations, I think?
                    I've been dead, suicidal, hit by a semi, divorced, lost my faith and refound it. I lost friends and made new ones.

Yes, congratulations. Survivor guilt sucks and always will and I will always see what happened when I close my eyes at night, but I'm here, the guy who shot me isn't. God is good.

Comment

Happy Alive Day, Jim. I'm glad you're still with us.
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                        I've been dead, suicidal, hit by a semi, divorced, lost my faith and refound it. I lost friends and made new ones.

Yes, congratulations. Survivor guilt sucks and always will and I will always see what happened when I close my eyes at night, but I'm here, the guy who shot me isn't. God is good.
                        We don't get to choose who God takes home in His good time. You were shot. How could you possibly feel guilty after taking a bullet yourself? In fact, those that went ahead of you feel sorry for you! Because they are in a better place than this! You just think you were the lucky one. Truth is your friends and family are the lucky ones....to have had you survive such a horrific ordeal.

What if, from now on, you could just relax in knowing that it's okay that you lived and it's okay that they were called home? Eventually, you, me, all of us, we're gonna catch up with them.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post

Comment

I checked to see what I could find since you all are saying Time petered out. Found a link that recounts the events if im not mistaken.

Im truly sorry for your loss. Place looks like I picture Hell to be....except there are American soldiers..and that looks like hope. You guys are hope in hell...literally.

Comment

Working...
                              X