A really shitty day at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A really shitty day at work

So I work for a very prestigious company in Dallas. And I won't lie, the environment is fairly uppity at times with many self important blow hards and the usual office politics playing assholes. A huge number of the employees are ivy league or ex military, some real type A personalities. The company is fantastic and the owners are also fantastic. They just recently built a new campus for us and no expense was spared, total cost was something like $200 million. It is like a fucking resort and I definitely don't deserve it. I have decided the adjective I will use is palatial. Like Joe Walsh, I can't complain but sometimes I still do.

So anyway today some of the craziest shit I have ever seen in my 20 year career happened.. someone apparently had the explosive shits, like from a night of hard partying or maybe from a greasy breakfast. Or I guess in their defense this could be a faulty colostomy bag or something. But anyway, this person couldn't make it to the bathroom before dropping their cargo and they left a trail of shit down a very well traveled hallway in an open office area. I guess it ran down a pant leg or fell from under a skirt. Hundreds of people make trips through this area every day. And there was shit everywhere. And it stunk. My God it stunk. Did I mention it was everywhere? Jesus help me. As if that wasn't bad enough, some woman comes along and slips and falls in the piles of shit, falls down and gets it all over her. True story here, honest to God. It was unbelievable. They had to call our insurance group and report a slip and fall. None of these people were identified of course, this was a very hushed HR nightmare brewing. When I left today there was a guy from building maintenance, his team was pulling up the carpets and redoing a couple thousand square feet of it.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

You need to find out who it was. There could be another Ryan's Steakhouse story out there waiting to be immortalized in the annals of the internet.

Comment

I don't want to know. I'm not asking anyone. But I figured it was my duty to report this incident to this website both for posterity and the goodwill of our members. This is a classic moment.
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

lol. Great story.

Comment

Your story smells. It smells really bad..

Comment

Btw, I know someone else who works over there. Kinda want to msg them for another perspective

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                I don't want to know. I'm not asking anyone. But I figured it was my duty to report this incident to this website both for posterity and the goodwill of our members. This is a classic moment.
                If you want to have fun tell your coworkers you saw the security video but won't name any names

Comment

So did you finally manage to find some Tums?

Comment

Comment

Al, I haven't spoken to my friend that rode on the boat with me for many years.

But I last time we talked, she mentioned she was going into a new venture, something to do with building investments, property development, something like that.

Let me check where she's been. This sounds A LOT like her, she may very well be one of your secretaries now.

Sounds like she hasn't changed a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
                        Al, I haven't spoken to my friend that rode on the boat with me for many years.

But I last time we talked, she mentioned she was going into a new venture, something to do with building investments, property development, something like that.

Let me check where she's been. This sounds A LOT like her, she may very well be one of your secretaries now.

Sounds like she hasn't changed a bit.
                        Now I know how she got the colostomy bag.

Comment

No running down the hallway!

Comment

Never met you in person but your pretty fucking straightforward on here. How the hell does a guy like you work at such a posh place ? Ivy leaguers are usually snowflakes. You must scare the hell out of them

Comment

Pics?

Comment

Working...
                              X