Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever do a long float down the Brazos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever do a long float down the Brazos?

I was down in Simonton TX (west of Houston, it's comparable to Weatherford and FW) and we passed over the Brazos. This got me thinking about if it were possible to float from PK down to this town. I have friends on every lake along the way so I would be able to stop and relax along the way. So it seems kinda plausible but still would require tons of prep and research. Does anyone know if this is possible or am I wasting my time thinking about it? Google just gave me a bunch of drunk rafting lodges.

Honestly if I'm floating the last thing I need is to have to plan anything at all. It's a huge gamble as to whether I even make it back on the shuttle or not as is.

Let us know how it works out and if it can be turned into a marathon booze tube float.

Comment

yea im sure he means floating all that way on an inner tube...

Comment

There needs to be water in it.

Comment

The short answer is it's a bad idea. There are dams on the river between PK and Houston, meaning you would have to portage around them. A canoe or a kayak would make the trip easier, but as ram57ta pointed out, there has to be water in it, and by that I mean to say that if it hasn't rained lately, it might be too low for any craft. A kayak is probably the best choice, but it would take a very long time and would require you to have support along the way.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Reminds me of the saying....don’t piss on me and tell me it is.....natural springs!

Comment

A big ass gar or snapping turtle is going to bite you on the butt cheek.
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                yea im sure he means floating all that way on an inner tube...
                Gonna need clarification on this...

Comment

If you want to do something like this then make it worth your while and go someplace like Montana, Idaho or Yellowstone. Fuck doing that in Texas.
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

In my teens I canoed the route you are talking about. At one point early in the morning I walked right through a prison hoe squad while carrying a rifle but the guards were all rednecks and it did not worry them.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      In my teens I canoed the route you are talking about. At one point early in the morning I walked right through a prison hoe squad while carrying a rifle but the guards were all rednecks and it did not worry them.
                      Prison hoe's, like Orange is the new black?

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                        Did the sight of you magically convert them all to heterosexual and cause a spontaneous group orgasm?

Comment

Svo, tell us about the time you canoed UP Niagara falls!
                          Originally posted by Marisa
                          we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

was that not where HarrisonTX lost all his gear a couple years ago?

either way I think talking to him would be wise, as planning for a trip via kayak is much different than any other mode of transportation .

Comment

I've went to hillbilly haven a few years ago just west of weatherford and they took us a few miles up the river and floated back down to camp. The first day we got there it was really shallow then the next 2 days we couldn't float because it rained a ton and flooded out the river. Then we heard about a little boy just downstream that had drowned and everyone was looking for. After he was found we packed up and rolled out.

Comment

Working...
                              X