Used trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    I had originally ruled out the 2.7 completely until a salesman finally talked me into driving one. With the 3.55s its certainly quick enough to not make me hate life and the mileage is great for road trips. My supercrew 4x4 got low 20s going to broken bow last week
    Its a really impressive little engine. Does not surprise me that it is the best selling engine option in the f150. The wifes crew has 3.15 gears, I wanted 3.55 but that was the only option available in the truck she picked out. She averages 22-23 daily, but we have gotten as good as 26 going to broken bow last year loaded with 4 adults and luggage. Hauled a 2005 3/4 ton 4x4 chevy truck from north of dallas to Ruston Lousiana with the wifes truck last year, had zero issues and plenty of power. I really wanted a 5.0 10 speed rcsb, but like the '17 body style better then the '18. We searched the entire country, but could only find black, silver or red in the 5.0 rcsb so I settled on the 2.7 in mine. Took it to ennis about a month ago for shits and grins, tune only it ran a 12.8 at 107 mph on factory tires.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
      I’ve got 370k on a 3rd gen, 2500 with a 6.7. It’s never been on a tow truck.
      That's impressive, even for a diesel. All of mine have been Hemis. I just find that most people that talk shit about Dodge 1) have never owned one and 2) are stuck on the Rams of old, which were disasters.

Gasser is just a sister fucking hillbilly that thinks you can use a lawnmower engine to power a turbo for a V8 to reduce parasitic power loss. In other words, he doesn't know shit from shinola.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I love my 16 F150 with 5.0. It had 20k on it when I bought it Valentines day 2017. Now has 64,444.4 miles on it. It does have a nail in the tire, a broken windshield, and a bent rear bumper thanks to my commute. Other than that, it is a true champion.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
          I love my 16 F150 with 5.0. It had 20k on it when I bought it Valentines day 2017. Now has 64,444.4 miles on it. I does have a nail in the tire, a broken windshield, and a bent rear bumper thanks to my commute. Other than that, it is a true champion.
          You've had a rough week. lol

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            That's impressive, even for a diesel. All of mine have been Hemis. I just find that most people that talk shit about Dodge 1) have never owned one and 2) are stuck on the Rams of old, which were disasters.

Gasser is just a sister fucking hillbilly that thinks you can use a lawnmower engine to power a turbo for a V8 to reduce parasitic power loss. In other words, he doesn't know shit from shinola.
            Fiat buying out chrysler was the best thing that could have happened to them. The quality has really gone up the last 10 years. The 2019 1500's are ugly as fuck, but the fit and finish is very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              You've had a rough week. lol
              It's because I am building a new house. Everything is going wrong and I'm hemorrhaging money. 3 grand on the ac June 26th 1500 deductible for a new roof in May, $870 in tires in May, had to loan a relative $400 bucks that I wont see a dime of. The list goes on but this is making me sick.

Comment

I haven’t liked the looks of dodge trucks in a long time, and just don’t see myself in one.

Everything being said about the fords in this thread brought it up as an option for me.

My old Tacoma has made me a little bias about Toyota and their reliability. I’m a meat and potatoes kind of guy and plain interior has never bothered me.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                  I love my 16 F150 with 5.0. It had 20k on it when I bought it Valentines day 2017. Now has 64,444.4 miles on it. It does have a nail in the tire, a broken windshield, and a bent rear bumper thanks to my commute. Other than that, it is a true champion.
                  Man I feel you on that. My truck is only 4 months old and i just got backed into at wal mart. It magically hit both doors and the back of the cab. Thankfully their insurance is covering it.

I had to spend 2K to go to a destination wedding, 2.5K on another travel event, 800 for my sons bday cabin and loads of other small expenses.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  I haven’t liked the looks of dodge trucks in a long time, and just don’t see myself in one.

Everything being said about the fords in this thread brought it up as an option for me.

My old Tacoma has made me a little bias about Toyota and their reliability. I’m a meat and potatoes kind of guy and plain interior has never bothered me.

Tacomas are great and they are certainly at the top of their class. The Tundra is just not on the same level as the other trucks in its class. Toyota does mid size much better than they do full size.

Also I love plain interiors, my truck is the STX model with all black seats and black plastic floors...but there's just something off about the toyota. The electronics suck and the fabric patterns look like an old hotel conference room.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    but there's just something off about the toyota. The electronics suck and the fabric patterns look like an old hotel conference room.
                    Haha! Nailed it!

Comment

My '17 F150 supercrew gets better mileage, tows 4 times as much, hauls more volume and 3 times the weight, is way faster, and just better in every way than my Tacoma...except for holding value.
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I'm at 338k on my 15 Sierra, as I posted a few weeks ago the trans went out at 333k. That's the only major thing to go out on it in 3.5 yrs. It still averages around 18mpg running 80 on the highway(it can do better if I dial it down a few mph's). It has towed anything I need it to. And aside from where I sit in it, the interior is still nicer(in my opinion) than the others.

My 08 Sierra had 400k when I got rid of it... The GMC's have been pretty good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                          I'm at 338k on my 15 Sierra, as I posted a few weeks ago the trans went out at 333k. That's the only major thing to go out on it in 3.5 yrs. It still averages around 18mpg running 80 on the highway(it can do better if I dial it down a few mph's). It has towed anything I need it to. And aside from where I sit in it, the interior is still nicer(in my opinion) than the others.

My 08 Sierra had 400k when I got rid of it... The GMC's have been pretty good to me.
                          How on earth have you put that many miles on that truck that quick?

Comment

Sounds like a truck is overkill for you. Have you considered a nice car instead?

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                              Sounds like a truck is overkill for you. Have you considered a nice car instead?
                              I honestly thought about a car since I commute downtown but being a homeowner, I do utilize my truck for random things and a car won’t work. I also plan on this truck being a long trip vehicle for a little while, so it has to accommodate all of the crap we haul on camping trips and family vacations.

Comment

I honestly thought about a car since I commute downtown but being a homeowner, I do utilize my truck for random things and a car won’t work. I also plan on this truck being a long trip vehicle for a little while, so it has to accommodate all of the crap we haul on camping trips and family vacations.
                                So why not another Taco? Too cramped?

Comment

Working...
                                X