Craigslist sucks…for buyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
    i found this falcon on marketplace. all orig clean blue title and even got the keys with it for 1200 . i also found a rollback trailer for 2800. like anything else you have to pull the trigger right away . the lady selling the trailer had 10 people wanting to come see it. i was first in line and took it site unseen. great buy.

i dont fool with the other stuff. i end up in facebook jail every time.
    Damn that is nice. Congrats!
    I found a nice '72 Ford Ranchero in the Austin area in very good condition. It looks like it just needs paint, but I don't have the room or the ambition to fuck with it, so I passed on it.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

i had a falcon but fitzwell talked me out of it . regretted it so went hunting again. scored this one up by denton. first time i ever got the keys with an old car. going to build a 70's streetfreak out of it .

Comment

I might have to temporarily get a fb account again even though I hate everything about it. Seems like CL was the best place to score deals because autotrader or ebay is like Barrett-Jackson. Ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          I might have to temporarily get a fb account again even though I hate everything about it. Seems like CL was the best place to score deals because autotrader or ebay is like Barrett-Jackson. Ridiculous.
          I use FB solely for Marketplace. It is so much better than CL.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
            CL sucks for sellers too. Lowballers galore.
            What's really funny is the people who don't appear to want it. But want to comment on it.

Never understood the butthurt against lowballers. I just replay "Haha no way". Lets them know you already know it's worth way more. Well, it's not worth way more. But it will bring way more.
            WH

Comment

I just picked up an OBS stepside on CL, but it wasn’t easy. It also took forever to find a decent deal. Buying anything online is a long game and a crapshoot nowadays. There are too many scammers and idiots out there.

I also think there are a lot of “see it’s for sale” ads to appease wives and girlfriends.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                I just picked up an OBS stepside on CL, but it wasn’t easy. It also took forever to find a decent deal. Buying anything online is a long game and a crapshoot nowadays. There are too many scammers and idiots out there.

I also think there are a lot of “see it’s for sale” ads to appease wives and girlfriends.
                How else do you buy it, except for online? The stealership is just looking to bend you over. I guess you could always just go door to door, asking when you see something you like. I've known people that would do it. "Hey you wanna sell your truck?"
                WH

Comment

hell ya got to negotiate . i went thru this on mp. some guy had an old 54 ford 350 setting on the frame . no axles just the cab/frame . all i wanted was the frame for the vin. asking 1500 . asked him what he could do on it no response. offered 500 and he got all butt hurt cussing me out and removed it. i might have gone 800 but a 1ton is pretty much useless unless wanting parts .

i stopped the door knocking about old cars last time i had a gun drawn on me. sob sent his dog after me too.

Comment

Craigslist sucks because you have to pay to post car ads

Comment

Double post.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                        I use FB solely for Marketplace. It is so much better than CL.

Same here. Haven't used Book Face in 8 years until recently using Marketplace. I would prefer a different option.

I still use CL. It's a crapshoot either way.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                          Craigslist sucks because you have to pay to post car ads
                          It's five whole bucks on cars and MC's and it knocked the scammers in the dirt.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Try this: https://www.cars-on-line.com/
                            Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              It's five whole bucks on cars and MC's and it knocked the scammers in the dirt.
                              Not quite 100% effective but a lot better than it used to be.

Comment

i've been looking for a 5355 ford truck cab/chasis and when i search cl none come up. cant believe there are none in texas for sale. finding some on mp but damn i aint paying 3500 for pasture art.

Comment

Working...
                                X