DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:32 PM   #1
dcs13
Lifer

Default At&t sucks>>>

That is all. Bastards.. Appointment for 8-12, reschedule to 12-4... NO SHOW, no call, nada.. Kiss my ass Direct TV
dcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:38 PM   #2
Unicorn Jeff
Willy Bum Bum
VIP Member

With all these storms fucking up the entire area, a lot of these companies are flooded with service calls. Still no excuse for not keeping you updated.
Unicorn Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:35 PM   #3
dcs13
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
With all these storms fucking up the entire area, a lot of these companies are flooded with service calls. Still no excuse for not keeping you updated.
Im not in Dallas, im in the Hill Country.. Trying to get Direct TV at the new place. They texted 3 times, recorded call once, and an email all saying they would be here between 12-4.. Like everything else down here, no customer service, we'll get there when we like..
Old 06-19-2019, 08:09 PM   #4
jluv
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs13 View Post
Im not in Dallas, im in the Hill Country.. Trying to get Direct TV at the new place. They texted 3 times, recorded call once, and an email all saying they would be here between 12-4.. Like everything else down here, no customer service, we'll get there when we like..
It's even worse in my tiny little mountain town. One electric company option with stupid high rates. One internet option with spotty 20mbps being the best available. Spotty cell service. Contractors who charge triple the rate of a city-based contractor, and flake all the time.

At least I don't have to deal with the fucking heat. I don't envy you there!
jluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:42 PM   #5
Captain Crawfish
Lifer

Only thing about livin in the boonies. Service sucks! Had direct tv for years never had a problem
Captain Crawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:52 PM   #6
ram57ta
Lifer
VIP Member

AT&T has sucked for years...I thought everyone knew it already.
ram57ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:29 PM   #7
Gasser64
Lifer

Yep. AT&T is one of those old utility giants that would be better off dead. It would have been really cool if they'd have died in the mid 80's or 90's.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:36 AM   #8
BP
infidel

When I got their fiber installed the guy was actually 4 hours early and finished in a couple of hours. No hiccups so far. Now getting them to agree that I could get fiber from the box hanging over my fence line was a pain in the ass though. My whole neighborhood has fiber ran at the base of the utility poles but they only had the outside streets added to their system.
BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:44 AM   #9
BP
infidel

Oh btw I signed up for DTV last year only because they offered the most 4k content. When the installer showed up I stressed this and he told me their boxes barely run at that resolution and most people cancel immediately. So he saved me a headache I guess.

Then when I signed up for Uverse a rep told me they'd send a tech out to survey my property and see what I could get. Well he came out to install copper lines, what I understand is basically DSL. He told me how to get the fiber installed, I had to call customer service to cancel that connection and get them to put in the address where the box was actually assigned. They sent a tech out to that box (which is in my backyard) and he had them add my address to their fiber service.

It's not cheap by any means but it's gigabit service both directions. Spectrum offers 940/35 service here but about the same price but with a $199 install fee. AT&T's DVR and boxes are a whole lot easier to use than Spectrums btw and are all networked.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:52 AM   #10
bcoop
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv View Post
It's even worse in my tiny little mountain town. One electric company option with stupid high rates. One internet option with spotty 20mbps being the best available. Spotty cell service. Contractors who charge triple the rate of a city-based contractor, and flake all the time.

At least I don't have to deal with the fucking heat. I don't envy you there!
5g is coming, and should improve your internet situation at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:44 PM   #11
dcs13
Lifer

I pissed them off I guess. When I called to bitch because no one showed , they said they couldn't have anyone here til the 28th.. I swear, almost worth the $280 to cancel the contract and tell them to FO. (but Im cheap)
Old 06-21-2019, 08:03 AM   #12
Juiced4v
El Coyote

Dang they have been good to us in our new home recently. But in the past they have sucked balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1
Juiced4v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:38 AM   #13
mardyn
Lifer

F Direct TV... I'm so glad to be away from them.

Swoop TV FTW.

mardyn
mardyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 09:23 AM   #14
lincolnboy
By da people fo da people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram57ta View Post
AT&T has sucked for years...I thought everyone knew it already.
Renew prices sux
lincolnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 09:41 AM   #15
scootro
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser64 View Post
Yep. AT&T is one of those old utility giants that would be better off dead. It would have been really cool if they'd have died in the mid 80's or 90's.
no way they would've died because i was paying a $100 a month in the 90's for a home telephone
scootro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:44 AM   #16
ram57ta
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnboy View Post
Renew prices sux
AT&T doesn't give two shits about customer satisfaction or loyalty..all they care about is price gouging and stealing peoples money. I will NEVER....NEVER use AT&T again for ANYTHING. I would rather have NO internet than pay them for their shit customer service.
ram57ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:01 PM   #17
BP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser64 View Post
Well they did die off, several times in fact. You don't remember Cingular, SBC Communications and Southwestern Bell? They spun off businesses and bought others over and over again.
Old 06-22-2019, 12:36 AM   #18
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
Well they did die off, several times in fact. You don't remember Cingular, SBC Communications and Southwestern Bell? They spun off businesses and bought others over and over again.
I never really paid much attention to what they were doing. I thought those were just buy outs to add to the already bloated AT&T empire.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:19 AM   #19
Tx Redneck
Wannabe puter fixor
VIP Member

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram57ta View Post
AT&T doesn't give two shits about customer satisfaction or loyalty..all they care about is price gouging and stealing peoples money. I will NEVER....NEVER use AT&T again for ANYTHING. I would rather have NO internet than pay them for their shit customer service.
Agreed
Tx Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gay t&t, nay out sucks at&t, nay trained att to suck