Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California is waking up? Well some of it..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California is waking up? Well some of it..

A California I could like! Its funny because KERN and RIVERSIDE Counties are where a lot of drilling is going on, permits being issued. Looks like their is a smidgen of hope for that state in terms of political atmosphere.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A Riverside County, Calif., official is reportedly proposing cutting out 13 counties in Southern California and seceding from the rest of the state.

County Supervisor Proposes 51st State Cut Out of Southern California

A Riverside County, Calif., official is reportedly proposing cutting out 13 counties in Southern California and seceding from the rest of the state.

Supervisor Jeff Stone is presenting his proposal to the county's Board of Supervisors on July 12, the Press Enterprise newspaper reports. He is arguing that the recent budget passed by the California Legislature and signed by Gov. Jerry Brown is basically a raid on local budgets to cover profligate spending.

"We have a state Legislature that has gone wild. They just don't care. Their goal was to get a balanced budget so they could continue to get a paycheck," Stone is quoted by the newspaper as saying. "There is only one solution: A serious secession from the liberal arm of the state of California. I know the state of California can do better."

Brown's office scoffed at the idea.

"A secessionist movement? What is this, 1860?" Brown spokesman Gil Duran reportedly said.

Other officials said any such plan is unlikely, but a former state lawmaker who pushed secession in the 1990s told the Press Enterprise that the state is increasingly unruly, especially with a population pushing 40 million.

"People like to gather together and govern themselves and now this state is so big. It seems so wide and so dysfunctional," Stan Statham was quoted saying, noting that the northern and southern parts of the state have little in common.

Stone's proposal comes after the state took $14 million from vehicle license fees -- which reportedly accounts for 22 percent of one Riverside County community's funding -- in order to help close California's $26.6 billion deficit.

The counties included would be Riverside, Imperial, San Diego, Orange, San Bernardino, Kings, Kern, Fresno, Tulare, Inyo, Madera, Mariposa and Mono, which account for 13 million California residents.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1R3RWLFeT

This was on the Red Eye board yesterday. I'll copy/paste my response to that thread:

A good idea, but no way it happens under this administration. The policies that the seceding "state" wants to focus on are the exact opposite of this administration's policies. Not to mention, the ten or so electoral votes that would be lost.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
      This was on the Red Eye board yesterday. I'll copy/paste my response to that thread:

A good idea, but no way it happens under this administration. The policies that the seceding "state" wants to focus on are the exact opposite of this administration's policies. Not to mention, the ten or so electoral votes that would be lost.
      Jerry Brown or Barak Obama?
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
        Jerry Brown or Barak Obama?
        I was referring to Obama since he would ultimately have the final say, but the statement could apply to both.

Comment

I've always believed that California will fracture into a north and south due to differences. San Fran would be the bastard of norcal.

Comment

I was referring to Obama since he would ultimately have the final say, but the statement could apply to both.
            Why would he?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              I've always believed that California will fracture into a north and south due to differences. San Fran would be the bastard of norcal.
              I like that idea. It could be the new Carolinas.

Comment

Why would he?
                Who else would allow another state into the union? Congress, then the President. FWIW, I don't think it would get past Congress now either.

Comment

Who else would allow another state into the union? Congress, then the President. FWIW, I don't think it would get past Congress now either.
                  Article 4, section 3, clause 1. State has to approve it, followed by the US congress. I tend to agree that it would be very difficult to get done, but the Prez wouldn't have any legal standing to his say.

The sad fact is that southern Cali will drag the central and northern portions of the state into the bowels of entitlement bankrupted hell. Talk to most people north of LA and the general thought is that they would assume be elsewhere. The first thing a lot of them will say is "I'm from North California" and they make the distinguishment absolutely clear.

Comment

That could work though. San Francisco could be a great market town for all the weed farms up north.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

That could work though. San Francisco could be a great market town for all the weed farms up north.
                      This is true. I actually like SF in small doses but will defer to Jody in regards to what it's like to live there.

Comment

This is true. I actually like SF in small doses but will defer to Jody in regards to what it's like to live there.
                        Jody should be back in just a few. He needed to go pick up his medicinal marijuana.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          Jody should be back in just a few. He needed to go pick up his street corner dong
                          fixed.

Comment

You see that guy one TV that makes 2 million a year selling weed in california? He just rents containers at the docks and grows it all in there. They're too liberal to prosecute him so he just keeps doing it.

Comment

Sac would be a better seat in a split..

Wiki "State of Jefferson" THAT is what I would like to see. Anything south of Redding can go to the californimexi-hippi-lib-douche party.

Not a poke at our brown brethren . IMO that the coming border war is to be won or lost in AR and TX, overall we want a tight border but the cry baby Cali's won't let it happen. A large state/population will weigh into the polls and anyone wanting to be Pres will cater to them as being "nice" on illegal immigration to get the vote there...
                              Last edited by Couver; 07-04-2011, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X