Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California is waking up? Well some of it..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't suggesting SF as the capital. More that it would be the odd city in the state.
    The problem with Redding is that you lose the single most important agricultural area in the US by giving away the central valley. More ag dollars are produced there than almost the rest of the US.

Comment

What does Arkansas have to do with the border war?
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Wow, interesting. It looks like I'm getting out while the gettin's good. It's the self-entitled social programs that are keeping this state (and the country for that matter) in such a huge deficit. ALOT more people are taking out than putting in, and the non-existant border is a big part of the problem.

Riverside County is one of our biggest, and most important customers though, and I wonder how the split will affect revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
          What does Arkansas have to do with the border war?

lol, glad I'm not the only one that squinted when I saw that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            I've always believed that California will fracture into a north and south due to differences. San Fran would be the bastard of norcal.
            Actually, more like East and West. If you look at Senate/Houses races, the coastal counties tend to go Dem and eastern counties go Republican.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

ttt

Comment

A buddy I'm stationed with is from Kern County. He says everyone he knows up there is distrustful of the state and federal government. He says they would love to break away from SOCAL politics.
                2004 Suzuki DL650
                1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
                  A buddy I'm stationed with is from Kern County. He says everyone he knows up there is distrustful of the state and federal government. He says they would love to break away from SOCAL politics.
                  SoCal politics? You don't seem to understand how it works. It is Bay Area and NorCal politics that drive the crippling immigration, taxation, and entitlement policies that dominate CA. Notice it is southern California wanting to make their own state with conservative policies, not northern California.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    SoCal politics? You don't seem to understand how it works. It is Bay Area and NorCal politics that drive the crippling immigration, taxation, and entitlement policies that dominate CA. Notice it is southern California wanting to make their own state with conservative policies, not northern California.
                    Yep, the craziness/liberals live up north. The south is more conservative. I live 50 miles NW of LA and the people that live around me appear to be conservatives for the most part. The north outvotes us every time and the insane policies continue.

Comment

Sacramento is the capital so there you go.
                      As I hear it in SoCal, Along the coast is liberal to about 10-15 miles inland, then it gets Conservative.

Comment

Working...
                      X