Anyone know the history of Greenpeace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know the history of Greenpeace

They've got a pretty interesting history really. They seem to absolutely despise the U.S navy. If greenpeace had one enemy, it would be the U.S navy. Anyone else ever been interested in their history and motivations? Post up if you've got any theories. I mean I know the whole "environmental" crap, but I mean other than that. There's clearly more going on than just that.
    WH

no, please enlighten me

Comment

I've always wondered

Comment

Other than they're being sued for damaging 1,500 year old ruins in Peru? No.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I think I found something.

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I think this tells you what you need to know.
            Celebrity supporters of Greenpeace, including Sting, Annie Lennox, and Paul McCartney. We have 80 articles about past events, donations and campaigns.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post

http://tinyurl.com/p3lxhhe
              Something was wrong with your link, so I fixed it.

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but do you know the history of history?

Comment

At least one of the founders was an Communist.

He was one of the founders, if you speculate a little based off of this line, "In the 1930s he studied Mandarin, believing it to be the language of the future." China was a rising Communist power at the time.

Him and his was were accused of being Communists a few times too.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=greenpeace+history
                    I'm trying to get a conversation going, and get people talking, dumbass.

You know, the whole reason a forum even exists?

Anyway they immediately move in and see to it that any old navy base is dismantled with little/no surviving old equipment. As soon as a navy base gets decommissioned, they're right there.
                    Last edited by Gasser64; 08-04-2015, 10:48 AM.
                    WH

Comment

Pretty much every environmentalist movement has some kind of roots in communism. It's the easiest way to rally people for a common goal. I mean who doesn't want to save the environment?

It makes you feel all warm and fuzzy and it's always evil corporations doing the damage. The only way to stop evil corporations is by convincing the government to get involved with more regulations.

After all corporations and average unenlightened people can't possibly be trusted to protect the planet. Only the government can do it. More government = good, more free market = bad.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post

I think this tells you what you need to know.
                        https://www.looktothestars.org/charity/greenpeace
                        What a bunch of assholes. If I were whaling (at sea, not in a bar), I'd have flame throwers with fuel sprinklers to light the boats of the hippies off.

Comment

The smell of burning hippies would most likely drive away the whales. Double Edge sword...

Comment

Maybe. Then again, the whales may be thrilled it isn't their fat burning and come to investigate.

Comment

When I used to watch Whale Wars, I used to cheer on the Japanese and even emailed them offering to be on board to repel boarders and to fire cannons to encourage hippies to fuck off.
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                              X