No National Anthem at NFL games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No National Anthem at NFL games

Solution to stupid problem. They can hire a rapper to write a fuck America song and burn flags pre game instead. No one is forcing those fuckwads to disrespect my country or those that died to preserve it.

Is this new thread out of left field, or is there a factual story I missed regarding a new national anthem decision? It's utterly depressing that it's still a debate.

Comment

Um, I thought they already solved this with the owners voting last week. If someone doesn't stand the team is fined by the NFL and the team has the ability if it closes to fine the individual.
      Originally posted by Marisa
      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

I said this in the other thread discussing this topic (not sure why we needed a new one?), but the players will find a new way to protest. Hand in the air, back to the flag, etc., they'll figure out a way to dance around the rule.

Could this be the end of the NFL as we know it?

Comment

One can only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
            I said this in the other thread discussing this topic (not sure why we needed a new one?), but the players will find a new way to protest. Hand in the air, back to the flag, etc., they'll figure out a way to dance around the rule.

Could this be the end of the NFL as we know it?
            Speaking of sports ending... Cricket "fields" are popping up all over in my neck of the woods, which is PG county Maryland. There's an elementary school 1/4 mile from my house that has a wonderful soccer field... which has recently removed the rotting soccer goals and stuck an artificial turf cricket mat right in the middle. No more goal posts, and the remaining baseball diamond back stop is rotting away. I'm not a soccer fan, but I would absolutely prefer my kids running around getting sweaty kicking a ball 3 days a week than standing around with a cricket bat in their hands, waiting their turn to either pitch or hit. Perhaps I'm just closed-minded...

Anyway, this is a tangent on a thread that shouldn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
              One can only hope.
              I saw a quote from a Democratic politician saying he was boycotting the NFL over this new rule.

Gotta love when the right boycotts over the protest and the left boycotts over the inability to protest. Just imaging what those poor, pitiful owners are thinking as ticket sales plummet...

Comment

Originally posted by threefortytwo View Post
                Speaking of sports ending... Cricket "fields" are popping up all over in my neck of the woods, which is PG county Maryland. There's an elementary school 1/4 mile from my house that has a wonderful soccer field... which has recently removed the rotting soccer goals and stuck an artificial turf cricket mat right in the middle. No more goal posts, and the remaining baseball diamond back stop is rotting away. I'm not a soccer fan, but I would absolutely prefer my kids running around getting sweaty kicking a ball 3 days a week than standing around with a cricket bat in their hands, waiting their turn to either pitch or hit. Perhaps I'm just closed-minded...

Anyway, this is a tangent on a thread that shouldn't exist.
                Just tell them to keep the rest of the European way of life in Europe... no 1984 here, please!

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                  Um, I thought they already solved this with the owners voting last week. If someone doesn't stand the team is fined by the NFL and the team has the ability if it closes to fine the individual.
                  That's good by me, the NFL can augment it's income by fining it's own bread and butter, LOL.

I would only add one suggestion, consider fining teams as well for NFL refs who commit egregious blunders in their games that by rule cannot be challenged/overturned.

Comment

very satisfying for someone who has 0 use for the nfl in the first place.

Comment

Just feel bad for the people that make NFL even possible for these knuckleheads

Comment

I've never really given a crap about pro football. this mess makes me feel like I made the right choice.

Comment

It’s just an idea.

I think I’m going to make sunday my go fly rc things day instead. It’ll be more fun and rc hasn’t been politicized..... thank goodness.

Comment

Build a Fw 190 or a Me 109 with some sweet swastikas and it'll become political. Somebody WILL be offended. Especially if you dress up like Hitler and yell "Sieg Heil!!!" at the top of your lungs.

Comment

I have both a 109 and 190. Amazingly enough in our erase history society the 109 is missing the swastikas. It’ll be historically accurate when refinished and fuck the PC idiots that whine about it. I may damn well build a Ta152 someday as well. And JG53 actually painted over their swastikas during the Battle of Britain because they were pissed at Goring and Der Fuhrer.

Comment

Working...
                              X