3 weeks till surgery...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 weeks till surgery...

Man, I am a nervous wreck, In 3 weeks I'll go in for the transplant, and feel so many emotions. Happy, scared, over whelmed by all the paperwork, worried about the cost of the medication... Just so much going on, and feel like I am fucking something up and will get denied for short term disability, or our new prescription insurance will fuck me over some how... My pre-transplant coordinator is about as useful as tits on a boar hog, she never replies with info and I have deadlines to file the paperwork. Tomorrow I am physically driving to her office so she can fill it out while I wait...

Da fuq... I'd expect better responses unless you're going govt. healthcare route?
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

No govt. insurance or workers involved. It is Baylor's cancer hospital, and Dallas Nephrology doing the transplant.
      Our stupid insurance for RX's only changed at work on Jan 1st, so fighting with them on why things are not covered, when they were before. MetLife for short term disability thru work. At least I get 6 weeks paid time off if I need that much, then 7 weeks at 60% pay if I need to stay off work longer. This whole process is a PITA!

Comment

Man I wish you the best of luck and hopefully a speedy recovery!
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          Man I wish you the best of luck and hopefully a speedy recovery!
          This

Comment

stay strong and look for the full picture. you will get it done and have many years left. you need to talk just pm me for my #. sometimes it's just to be able to get it out to someone.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
              Man, I am a nervous wreck, In 3 weeks I'll go in for the transplant,
              If you wake up in a tub full of ice and not remembering the past. Than congratulations everything went successfully 6 months ago and your celebrating went just a little too far.

Relax do some meditating as ask some candy stripper for a sponge bath

Comment

I had a transplant back in 2005 right after my 21st birthday. PM me if you have any questions. I got a good bit of knowledge.
                2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Dont be nervous! Kidney transplants are the best transplants you can have. Success rate is the highest!

Comment

Best wishes for a smooth recovery, and meanwhile hang tough like you're already doing with the new insurance carrier.

Comment

If your doctor can give a good reason to have you short term covered by your insurance. You can have your insurance send your doctor send paperwork for the doctor to fill out. Hope that helps

Comment

Worrying's like a rocking chair Rob, gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere. Deal with the side-steps as they come, but not until they come, pre-suffering is about as useful as tits on a boar hog.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          Worrying's like a rocking chair Rob, gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere. Deal with the side-steps as they come, but not until they come, pre-suffering is about as useful as tits on a boar hog.
                          Yea, man. Leave tomorrows troubles for tomorrows you.

Comment

damn those are some good tags! lol
                            best of luck with the new mods.

Comment

I'm sure its a bit overwhelming, but you'll get through it, I'm sure of it...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X