Here's a list of the 19 Senators that voted to censor the INTERNET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a list of the 19 Senators that voted to censor the INTERNET

This is hardly a surprise but, this morning (as previously announced), the lame duck Senate Judiciary Committee unanimously voted to move forward with censoring the internet via the COICA bill &#82…
    “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

There are a few surprising names on the list but just another good reason to get rid of these pricks.

Comment

Censoring the internet? Hardly.

The bill deals with "A controversial proposal allowing the government to pull the plug on Web sites accused of aiding piracy is closer to becoming a federal law."

So basically it prevents people from downloading movies and whatnot....er....will try to do so. Piracy will always happen, and this is a feel-good law. BFD.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

All censor and no freedom makes Denny something, something...

Comment

Remember, people; when voting, please be sure to double-tap your selections.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post

The bill deals with "A controversial proposal allowing the government to pull the plug on Web sites accused of aiding piracy is closer to becoming a federal law."

So basically it prevents people from downloading movies and whatnot....er....will try to do so. Piracy will always happen, and this is a feel-good law. BFD.
            They ALWAYS use bills like this as stepping stones to other draconian laws. They could give two shits about piracy I promise you.
            “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

Comment

Originally posted by mr tinfoil hat View Post
              They ALWAYS use bills like this as stepping stones to other draconian laws. They could give two shits about piracy I promise you.
              Come in with something outragously bold, only to have the people settle for something lighter; which would have been considered ridiculous prior to that.

Comment

Slippery slope arguments are a logical fallacy and have no merit in a discussion.

Comment

Slippery slope arguments are a logical fallacy and have no merit in a discussion.
                  You said it best in post #3 "piracy will always happen". There's something else going on here, but if you believe it's just a "feel good law" then good for you, but I disagree.

Comment

LOL, thats a good way to look at things. They are only censoring PART of the internet so its ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                      LOL, thats a good way to look at things. They are only censoring PART of the internet so its ok.
                      Only parts that are already in violation of federal law.

Do I like the government getting its claws on anything? No. Do I think that this is "censoring the internet"? No. Some guy just titled his article as such to attract attention, and sheeple look at it, freak out, and post it on a message board.

The bill is known as the "Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act". You can read it here-

I just read the whole thing (quick read) and it is in no way designed to "censor the internet", aside from punishing those guilty of copyright infringement.

Comment

Only parts that are already in violation of federal law.

Do I like the government getting its claws on anything? No. Do I think that this is "censoring the internet"? No. Some guy just titled his article as such to attract attention, and sheeple look at it, freak out, and post it on a message board.

The bill is known as the "Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act". You can read it here-

I just read the whole thing (quick read) and it is in no way designed to "censor the internet", aside from punishing those guilty of copyright infringement.
                        So you cant see this turning into a scenario like........

dfwmustangs talks trash about Obama in the political section and the govt doesnt like it (yeah I know, no one cares but just play along). Then someone posts something in the "metal" thread that is copyrighted. The band is some no name garage band, and normally no one would care but the govt didnt like the Obama trash talk and used that post to shut the whole site down.

I would rather not give those crooked fuckers an inch of my freedom!

Comment

There are a few hot politicians I'd like to give an inch of my "freedom" to.

Comment

So you cant see this turning into a scenario like........

dfwmustangs talks trash about Obama in the political section and the govt doesnt like it (yeah I know, no one cares but just play along). Then someone posts something in the "metal" thread that is copyrighted. The band is some no name garage band, and normally no one would care but the govt didnt like the Obama trash talk and used that post to shut the whole site down.

Nope, not in the near future. Read the bill before you keep going on.

Comment

You do realize that yourself and folks who pitch conspiracies do the same thing? Constantly linking things, stating it is "a" when it is actually "b" when people click and actually read the links.

Don't get me wrong, I think a lot of people want to believe you, the links and the conspiracies but there are lies and deception in your own messages.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X