11/24 National opt out day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/24 National opt out day

“There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

There will be a lot of massive delay's and missed flights tomorrow. I'm glad I'm not flying.

Comment

I'll rank it up there with the "Don't by gas on Wednesday" ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
        I'll rank it up there with the "Don't by gas on Wednesday" ideas.
        Was thinking the same.

Either way, glad my folks live close enough that driving is always an option.
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

You really think people wont fly for the holidays in an effort to boycott the TSA?

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
            You really think people wont fly for the holidays in an effort to boycott the TSA?
            That's not at all what they're saying.

Comment

Nah, I just saw this and thought I would share. It'd be nice if it sparked enough resistance to shit can the TSA, but I know that ain't happening.
              “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

Comment

While you are correct...this bodyscan/groping is really getting some attention.

Comment

I'm not going through the body scanner, and neither is my girlfriend. We're not flying until 11/27 tho. I thought this was an interesting read http://noblasters.com/post/1650102322/my-tsa-encounter

Comment

I love how this controversy has instantly transformed every news outlet and internet dumbfuck into medical physicists, capable of speaking as to what levels of radiation dose are and aren't dangerous. The fact of the matter is - NO ionizing radiation exposure is beneficial to the human body. We accept the long-term risks in medical procedures because the trade-off is worth it and the alternative is usually worse. Example: The dose from a CT Scan isn't good for your body, but it looks pretty good in comparison to exploratory surgery or death.

I personally think it's bullshit that the TSA is x-raying the general public. Sure, the dose rates are low, but repeated exposure isn't good for anyone. What about pregnant women and children?

I work on Medical X-Ray systems for a living, so I travel with a radiation film badge. It's a little device that anyone exposed to ionizing radiation should wear.. When I go through airport security, I pass my badge to the TSA rep to hand inspect it rather than sending it through the scanner. 99% of the time, they have NO clue what it is. Yet, we're supposed to trust these clowns when they say this is "perfectly safe"?
                    - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                    1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                      That's not at all what they're saying.
                      Your right, I thought the idea was not to fly and hurt the airlines profit. I guess I got that boycott mixed up with this one. I do see more promise for this one, to basically overwork TSA and show then how much it bothers everyone.

Originally posted by mr tinfoil hat View Post
                      Nah, I just saw this and thought I would share. It'd be nice if it sparked enough resistance to shit can the TSA, but I know that ain't happening.
                      See above, I had it mixed up. I see this working alot better than a boycott. Although Im sure most will give in as soon as they start running late.

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                      While you are correct...this bodyscan/groping is really getting some attention.
                      Yep, I hate it and because of it have started to rethink our summer vacation. Although I will say, as much as I hate it, I cant think of a better solution. If TSA dissapeared today and a plane blew up tomorrow everyone would be shouting about Obama is not protecting the US like Bush did or something similar. Its a lose/lose situation for government.

Comment

Your right, I thought the idea was not to fly and hurt the airlines profit. I guess I got that boycott mixed up with this one. I do see more promise for this one, to basically overwork TSA and show then how much it bothers everyone.

See above, I had it mixed up. I see this working alot better than a boycott. Although Im sure most will give in as soon as they start running late.

Yep, I hate it and because of it have started to rethink our summer vacation. Although I will say, as much as I hate it, I cant think of a better solution. If TSA disappeared today and a plane blew up tomorrow everyone would be shouting about Obama is not protecting the US like Bush did or something similar. Its a lose/lose situation for government.
                        They will never make us completely safe no matter what. Micheal Chertoff was out there promoting these fucking machines the day after the xmas bomber was LET on the plane. It's been shown the machines can be beaten. This shit is about getting us to submit and profit for the few that benefited from the sale of the scanners. IMO they don't care if a plane goes down. Our government is not interested in our security, they just pretend they are so they can get us closer to a complete control police state 1984 style society and laugh all the way to the bank while doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by mr tinfoil hat View Post
                          They will never make us completely safe no matter what. Micheal Chertoff was out there promoting these fucking machines the day after the xmas bomber was LET on the plane. It's been shown the machines can be beaten. This shit is about getting us to submit and profit for the few that benefited from the sale of the scanners. IMO they don't care if a plane goes down. Our government is not interested in our security, they just pretend they are so they can get us closer to a complete control police state 1984 style society and laugh all the way to the bank while doing it.
                          I completely agree but my point is people will cry no matter what. If we keep them then we get upset because we loose rights, if they do nothing then national security becomes a joke.

I do agree that something needs to be done. Its obvious why the head of the TSA refuses to remove these machines, he is making hand over fist on them!

Comment

I completely agree but my point is people will cry no matter what. If we keep them then we get upset because we loose rights, if they do nothing then national security becomes a joke.
                            National security is a joke already, our boarders are wide open. If they were REALLY concerned that would be top priorty.

Comment

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                              X