2017 Lawn Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
    Well, see if anyone has ideas on this one. I laid sod in this area last year and its all dead this year and the yard has become very bumpy. My dad was thinking moles are tunneling. The high spots can be knocked back down with stepping on them. The ground is very soft. The sod was beautiful last year

Any holes anywhere? A mole royally fucked my yard up late winter / early spring... Same stuff you're describing, soft ground that 'falls' back into place when you step on it and fucked off grass.

I just spread some grub worm killer down at the advice of a neighbor, but from what I've read it won't work. I think there are some sonar devices you can buy but I know nothing about them..yet.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
      Any holes anywhere? A mole royally fucked my yard up late winter / early spring... Same stuff you're describing, soft ground that 'falls' back into place when you step on it and fucked off grass.

I just spread some grub worm killer down at the advice of a neighbor, but from what I've read it won't work. I think there are some sonar devices you can buy but I know nothing about them..yet.
      There are poison worms and the good old fashion impaling devices. I figure I'll try the worms

Comment

What's everyone's take on the tru green type services?

I'm considering doing this, but it's for an acre of yard.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
          What's everyone's take on the tru green type services?

I'm considering doing this, but it's for an acre of yard.
          I'm very happy with their service on my yard...
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
            I'm very happy with their service on my yard...
            Good to know.

I priced the weed/feed, fertilizer and pre - emergent and by doing it myself I was only saving $15 per treatment. Seems like a no brainer.

The real question is do you need 7 or 8 treatments a year like they recommend.
            sigpic

Comment

Good to know.

I priced the weed/feed, fertilizer and pre - emergent and by doing it myself I was only saving $15 per treatment. Seems like a no brainer.

The real question is do you need 7 or 8 treatments a year like they recommend.
              Depends, if you have a bunch of weeds then at least the first year for sure. If it's already a clean yard then you might be able to cut that down some.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

How much are you guys paying? What is your lot size? I'm on 1/3 acre. I have fought the weeds for 2.5 years. I have made drastic improvements, but damn its getting old.
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                  How much are you guys paying? What is your lot size? I'm on 1/3 acre. I have fought the weeds for 2.5 years. I have made drastic improvements, but damn its getting old.
                  read up on your specific area... True Green is definitely hit or miss

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                    Depends, if you have a bunch of weeds then at least the first year for sure. If it's already a clean yard then you might be able to cut that down some.
                    Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                    My entire yard is weeds. As in all of it. It's terrible.

I was quoted $200 per treatment for 40,000 sqft.
                    sigpic

Comment

My entire yard is weeds. As in all of it. It's terrible.

I was quoted $200 per treatment for 40,000 sqft.
                      Just dont expect much for results without a solid years worth of treatments. Pre-emergent is the key. Also, watch out with some companies they wont guarantee results unless you follow their watering schedule. I know I dont want to afford watering my acre.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                        Just dont expect much for results without a solid years worth of treatments. Pre-emergent is the key. Also, watch out with some companies they wont guarantee results unless you follow their watering schedule. I know I dont want to afford watering my acre.
                        I expected as much and the tech did mention the same thing. This is no Tru Green. This is Go Green Or Green Go, but it's along the same lines.

I'm already watering my acre. Not to the point that my nieghbors are, but I am watering it. The tech did say twice a week 15 minutes a zone. I'm doing 3 times a week 10 minutes a zone, but that will probably get dialed back.
                        sigpic

Comment

Are you watering rotors for 10-15 min .?

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
                            Are you watering rotors for 10-15 min .?
                            Yes most of the heads are rotors.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes most of the heads are rotors.
                              Im assuming hes going to say you are not watering near enough. Most places recommend watering deep twice a week.

Comment

If it is bermuda, you only need 1" a week. check it with some Tuna cans
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X