No announcement yet.

Drag & Brag This Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, you are assigned a class, depends on what you are driving. I will be in the Outlaw class due to my Basterdized Datsun. I made the final last year but forgot to arm my nitrous for the final and therefor got an azz whuppin!

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
      So.. I guess I'm easily confused.. You have to run in a class, as in, there's not a TNT thing?

Do they show times?

Hell, I might go to this just to see the special olympics of drag racing!
      There is no times shown.
      It's a drop of hands.

I remember on my first run out there, I murdered(at least 7 car lengths) this blown foxbody and they actually told me I lost because the announcer was not paying attention.
      I parked my car in the middle of the track, jumped out of my car and told them I wanted my money back or I'm not leaving.
      They let me stay and race and I ended up winning outlaw.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
        There is no times shown.
        It's a drop of hands.

I remember on my first run out there, I murdered(at least 7 car lengths) this blown foxbody and they actually told me I lost because the announcer was not paying attention.
        I parked my car in the middle of the track, jumped out of my car and told them I wanted my money back or I'm not leaving.
        LOL!

I bet their butt puckered when they saw a huge guy get out of the car with some fury!

Comment

There is no times shown.
          It's a drop of hands.

No one in their right mind would tell a 300# Ivan Drago looking white gorilla to leave!

Comment

Friday Night Drags presented by SCION returns as the ongoing initiative to help curtail illegal street racing in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and provide a safer environment for racing enthusiasts. For six Fridays, beginning July 8 and running through August 12, pit lane on the 1.5-mile oval will be converted into a 1/8-mile drag strip for this weekly summer event.

For $20 you can compete in the ATI Mission Driven Tuner Division, Street Bandit Division, Sportsman Division, Street Outlaw Division or the Black Smoke Warrior Division on the drag strip.
            The “Show & Shine” is a great opportunity for all vehicles to show off their wheels for $20. From the ‘69 Chevy to the ‘11 Scion TC, enter to win an award for Best of Show, Best Classic (’72 or prior year), Best Current Custom (’73 to current), Best Scion or Best Motorcycle divisions and take a parade lap around The Great American Speedway!™

This event is open to the general public and tickets for infield/grandstand access are only $7. You can also find a buy-one-get-one-free coupon at local participating Roanoke businesses (list below). Music, games and prizes invade the Midway (located in the infield) for everyone to enjoy before racing gets underway. Parking is free in front of Gate 6 for the grandstands. Coolers are allowed.
            This is the best way to spend a Friday night with friends and family—you might even go home with bragging rights! To get you started and meet the competition, visit this Fan Group to interact with fellow drag fanatics.

Race Dates
            July 8
            July 15
            July 22
            July 29
            August 5
            August 12

Nightly Schedule
            6:00 p.m. Gates and Grandstands Open
            6:15 p.m.–8:00 p.m. Drag Racing Practice
            7:30 p.m. Parade Lap Driver’s Meeting
            8:05 p.m. Drag Racing Driver’s Meeting
            8:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. Parade Lap and Frontstretch Awards
            9:00 p.m. Racing Registration and Tech Closes
            9:10 p.m. Opening Ceremonies
            9:15 p.m. Drag Racing Begins
            Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Go to their website, thay are giving up to four free admission tickets for folks who want to just go and watch it. You can bring your friends or family and it it's "FREE"!

Comment

2011 Friday Night Drags presented by SCION DIVISIONS

NO tubular chassis, wheelie bars, or parachutes are allowed in any division.

ATI Success Driven Tuner Division – Any three or four cylinder car with naturally aspirated engine. M ust have stock body and interior. NO turbo, superchargers or power adders. NO all wheel drive vehicles. NO race cars or trucks allowed.

Street Bandits - Foreign & domestic cars with stock body, three, four, or five cylinders that have factory turbo and superchargers along with six cylinders with naturally aspirated engines. Drag radials are allowed. All wheel drive allowed. NO rotary engines. NO modified drive train or suspension modifications.

Sportsman – Foreign and domestic cars with stock body, 8 cylinders, naturally aspirated. All control arms, shocks and springs must be in stock location. NO cutting of inner or rear fender wells (only outside can be rolled). NO engine modification allowed. Factory turbo or superchargers allowed. NO drag radials or slicks.

Street Outlaws – Any car with stock appearing body. Suspension modification allowed. Any engine modifications and rotary engines allowed. Maximum 31 x 10.5w (slicks); 31 x 12.5 (drag radial) size tires. NO wheelie bars allowed.

Black Smoke Warriors – All diesel powered or modified gas powered trucks only.

Comment

i guess ill be in the outlaw class.
                  03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
                  "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
                    LOL!

I bet their butt puckered when they saw a huge guy get out of the car with some fury!
                    Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                    No one in their right mind would tell a 300# Ivan Drago looking white gorilla to leave!
                    LOL, I wasn't trying to be a bully or anything...just wanted to race is all!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan03mach View Post
                      Can you start a burnout from a dead stop and get the tires going then roll out? Like stand there for a second or 2?
                      Yes, you can. that is how I have done it and they never said anythign to me. I am going to try and make the pedal feast tonight also.
                      73 240Z SBC PG with some spray
                      07 TBSS Just bolt ons

Comment

I have raced there the past two years it is a nice change of pace. Also it is like driving on ice.

Comment

LOL, I wasn't trying to be a bully or anything...just wanted to race is all!
                          LOL- I just noticed Brooks posted almost the same thing, right after me... Greatness!

Comment

Originally posted by SICK240 View Post
                            Yes, you can. that is how I have done it and they never said anythign to me. I am going to try and make the pedal feast tonight also.
                            Happy B-day Chad....

are you going to this tonight? I'm still trying to decide if I am or not

edit* damn i should really read before I post haha... I see you are going to try to make it.. when are you going up there? are you driving or trailering?
                            1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by Zfan View Post
                              Go to their website, thay are giving up to four free admission tickets for folks who want to just go and watch it. You can bring your friends or family and it it's "FREE"!
                              Thank you kindly!
                              Can you help me find the link please?
                              I looked and spoke with Texas Motor Speedway and they are not aware of this promotion.
                              They did mention this though...Friday Night Drags presented by Scion tickets are available for $7, stop by any of 45 businesses in Roanoke, TX for "Buy One-Get One" ticket coupons, valid for tonight.
                              Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 07-08-2011, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X