Dallas Karting Complex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn Gina
    Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Any of you that bested 72.9 have a serious weight handicap?

I'm at about 6'3 and 250, couldn't get down under 75.0~ I started over driving the kart and that never helps, I ended up boiling the tires on my 6th lap of my second session.

Second session i was second in line to leave the pits, passed first place on turn 1 and nobody passed me till the last straight on the last lap. Kid was running 70.00. Spidermonkey i think was his name. He weighed all of about 130lbs tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman85turbo View Post
        Any of you that bested 72.9 have a serious weight handicap?

I'm at about 6'3 and 250, couldn't get down under 75.0~ I started over driving the kart and that never helps, I ended up boiling the tires on my 6th lap of my second session.

Second session i was second in line to leave the pits, passed first place on turn 1 and nobody passed me till the last straight on the last lap. Kid was running 70.00. Spidermonkey i think was his name. He weighed all of about 130lbs tho.
        I'm 185 and Bryan is 190 ish. There is a guy that works at DKC that is 260+ and runs in the 72.5-73.5 range.
        I've been a best of 70.8 but on average im 71.5's. I have a huge advantage though as I've ran 140 races out there which is around 1000 laps. Next time you head out there give me or Bryan a heads up and we will race with you. We can give you some pointers where you can gain a full second.

Comment

Damn, ya'll are running some fast laps. Has the cooler weather helped out any that you can tell? Ill make another trip out there soon...this time I'm going to wear gloves. I had two huge blisters from last time in the palm of my hand that took a while to heal!

Comment

Originally posted by Cmarsh View Post
            Damn, ya'll are running some fast laps. Has the cooler weather helped out any that you can tell? Ill make another trip out there soon...this time I'm going to wear gloves. I had two huge blisters from last time in the palm of my hand that took a while to heal!
            I was running low 71's in the 100 degree heat. The cool weather helps power but hurts traction.

Comment

I went well into the 73's first time out. I would think 72's would be possible but dont see myself going any faster then that. Personally not worth the drive and expense to do on a regular basis for me
              -1997 Supra- mid 8 second street car
              -1993 Cobra- 700rw
              -2012 CTS-V- 9 second daily driver
              -1991 Coupe- LSA/TT/4L80 in the making
              -2007 GSXR 1000- built turbo bike

Comment

Originally posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
                I'm 185 and Bryan is 190 ish. There is a guy that works at DKC that is 260+ and runs in the 72.5-73.5 range.
                I've been a best of 70.8 but on average im 71.5's. I have a huge advantage though as I've ran 140 races out there which is around 1000 laps. Next time you head out there give me or Bryan a heads up and we will race with you. We can give you some pointers where you can gain a full second.
                I know one of my problems was from turn 15-16. I Couldn't seem to find the best line thru there. That is the S turn just before the pit area. I am positive i could pick up at least a full second in those.

I Think my biggest problem is i love to eat :P I Would surely be in the 72 range if i was 190 lbs.

Comment

You can get real close at the weight you are. I've made 80 sessions and my best is a 71.22. It's real hard to go fast with a bunch of people out there. My best yesterday was a 72.4, it was real busy. 17 people on the track at one time.

You should go when it's pouring down rain.

Comment

Went to the track tonight and had a blast. Ended up buying the 10 session package for $150. They removed the rule that you have to use it all in 1 day. I only used 3 sessions. $15 for a 10 minute ride isn't too bad. Best lap was a 76.1. I've got to get it down to 72.9 before I can race the fast carts. I think I know where I can shave 2 or 3 seconds with a little more effort and work on my braking points some. Maybe I could lose some weight since I weigh 215 right now. You guys should get out there and support the track. It's money well spent. Thanks Mike.
                    Last edited by line-em-up; 01-16-2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• i have my own complex in dallas....the street,,,and its free

Comment

• Fuck that mother fucking place!

Comment

• So I hear. Too bad, seemed like it would be fun.
                          2014 GT
                          2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
                            Fuck that mother fucking place!
                            Did something change? Your first posts' were all about this place!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                              Did something change? Your first posts' were all about this place!
                              I'm not sure what he is referring to but I heard about this: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/9159...omplex-beware/

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                                I'm not sure what he is referring to but I heard about this: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/9159...omplex-beware/
                                Damn! Talk about putting a stake in the heart of a business!

Comment

Working...
                                X