2020 Lawn Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Lawn Thread

Apparently the grass here in Vancouver WA doesn't go dormant like I'm accustomed to back in TX.

I average 3ish miles every time I mow this. These are ordered oldest to newest .

There's also about an acre that I mow w/a zero turn.
    Last edited by Tx Redneck; 02-26-2020, 01:21 PM.

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
    Apparently the grass here in Vancouver WA doesn't go dormant like I'm accustomed to back in TX.

I average 3ish miles every time I mow this. These are ordered oldest to newest .

There's also about an acre that I mow w/a zero turn.
    Kentucky bluegrass?
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Spring pre emergent time for the local peeps

There’s a place in Plano called “pest shop” and they sell a pre emergent called prodiamine aka barricade and I’ve had much better results with that than the Home Depot/Lowe’s stuff (pendimethalin aka halts or dithiopyr aka dimension)

Don’t fertilize yet unless you want weeds growing like crazy lol
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        Kentucky bluegrass?
        Tbh, I really don't know what it is, I've never seen grass like it before, but that's because I've little time outside of Texas. I'll see what I can find out.

Comment

What I'm reading is Perennial Rye and or Colonial Bent grass are likely what's in our lawn.

Comment

What I'm reading is Perennial Rye and or Colonial Bent grass are likely what's in our lawn.
            It looks lushy!! I wanna walk around on it barefoot!
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

It looks lushy!! I wanna walk around on it barefoot!
              That would be nice, but we got so much rain this winter/fall coupled w/less than ideal drainage that in many spots, it's like walking on sand. I think it'll firm back up and I can really make it look good soon.

Comment

I forgot my pre emergent again last year. My shit is overrun with weeds...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                  I forgot my pre emergent again last year. My shit is overrun with weeds...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                  I didn’t forget and my backyard is fucked....front yard is spotless. No clue as to why. As temps rise, I’ll get it sorted out.
                  Last edited by Mysticcobrakilla; 02-27-2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                    I didn’t forget and my backyard is fucked....front yard is spotless. No clue as to why, as temps rise. I’ll get it sorted out.
                    Do you have dogs? Them running around and disturbing the soil makes weeds pop up
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Do you have dogs? Them running around and disturbing the soil makes weeds pop up
                      That I do. Two worthless ones at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                        That I do. Two worthless ones at that.
                        My front is still brown but the back where my dogs run there’s lots of break through.
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Just mowed this afternoon, pics added to album in OP. Weather permitting, I'll mow again before goin coming back to Texas to see my mom and family.

My FiL might mow while I'm gone, but he has very advanced crohn's, so I try to make sure it's done for him.

It's so dense and mostly very fine bladed grass, that I'll have to more more frequently to keep the clippings from loadings up in the mower deck. This new Honda clips it so fine it just pastes the inside of the deck.

Comment

Just mowed this afternoon, pics added to album in OP. Weather permitting, I'll mow again before goin coming back to Texas to see my mom and family.

My FiL might mow while I'm gone, but he has very advanced crohn's, so I try to make sure it's done for him.

It's so dense and mostly very fine bladed grass, that I'll have to more more frequently to keep the clippings from loadings up in the mower deck. This new Honda clips it so fine it just pastes the inside of the deck.
                            Try lining the deck with Pam cooking spray
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

I'm down to try anything, it's really bad. I have to stop a few times to clean the deck out by hand and end up with green stains on my hands for a few days.

Comment

Working...
                              X