Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the one car you wish you had back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only two cars that I wish I never sold. First one was my 1993 300ZX 2+0 slick top. Had no idea how rare that car really was with the slick top. Drove like a dream, A/C that could flash freeze a steak, and it handled better than any corvette I've ever had. Sold because gas was $4 a gallon and it got 17mpg and needed premium.

Second car I regret selling was my 05 GTO. Had it and my C4 vette at the same time. Tried my best to get rid of the C4 and flat couldn't do it, so the goat had to go for financial reasons.

Comment

I wish I still had my 68 Ford Fairlane 500 fastback. I bought it when I was 20 for $2500. The car was immaculate, no rust and great paint. I spent 6-8 months to drop in a souped up 302 with an auto, updated the suspension and brakes, and went over everything to make sure it was perfect. I loved that car but a drunk Puerto Rican, in a borrowed car with no insurance, ran a redlight and T boned me about 6 months after getting it just right. The car was totaled and my insurance completely effed me on the settlement saying I was 50% at fault for crossing the intersection. I was too young, ignorant, and broke to fight it.
      01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

My 85 4Runner. Just always had a smile when driving that thing around. Kiddos loved it too.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
          Lame as it may sound, my first truck. A 1986 Ranger - regular cab 2WD. I'd do a bolt-on 302 swap and enjoy a super fun little around town driver.

I haven't sold any vehicles that just killed me to part with them. I still have my favorite of my three foxes, my truck and my 64 1/2. Everything else has been expendable.

I really do want an RCSB Ranger of 80's vintage though. Along with a dozen other toys.
          Same for me actually, I'd like to have my '03 extended-cab 4x4 ranger back. It had the 3.0l V6, so plenty for the light-duty hauling I'd use it for.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

The Chevelle, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              You would have liked my 1967 390 Fastback. Brief daily in 2000. Not an original S-Code, but the closest thing I ever got to owning a "race car." I would love to see a Marti Report on that thing. It was supposedly, and with a small amount of paperwork and decoding to back it up, one of about 6 originally Playboy Pink Fastbacks built in 67. It had been repainted to maroon by the time I got it.
              You'r right, I'd take that one too. And I'd paint that mofo pink ASAP.

Comment

1981 all original (i think) chevy silverado. Should've kept it. Really shoulda.
                WH

Comment

Hands down the old 4x4 Fairmont station wagon. I drove it in college and for a broke ass kid I could’ve kept it and made it work but I didn’t. When Forrest was still here I asked him about it and he said it was on a friend’s ranch. I’d still give my left testicle to get it back. My kids would love it and I would too.

Comment

1967 Galaxie 2-door (1st choice)
                    1967 Fairlane 2-door (2nd choice)

Comment

My '94 T-Bird SC, '09 GT 45th anniversary w/glass roof, both bought new and my '96 Mystic Cobra.

My Dad had a '67 Chevelle Super Sport in mello yellow with a black vinyl top (non vert). 396 BB with a 4 speed muncie and non-factory air conditioning. I'm assuming it was put on by the dealer since it was under the dash, but I was too young to know if it was or not.
                      I've seen similar models go for $2/300k at barrett actions...
                      Last edited by Rick Modena; 03-27-2020, 01:49 PM.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I had a '72 F250 with a 390 FE, C6, 4.10 in the rear, and dual tanks. Very tough truck.

Comment

71 Challenger RT w/ 383 magnum

Comment

66 Impala SS427. Marina Blue, factory gauge console & buckets. Bought it just out of high school & the Arab oil embargo had just hit. Dollar a gallon gas in the early 70's made big block cars cheap.. Other choice would be my 65 Vista cruiser. Nothing special, I've just got a thing for wagons...

Comment

Overall....my 86 Buick WH1

Ford.....94 Mustang GT vibrant red/black cloth with 5 speed. Was lowered with chrome 17 inch cobra R wheels and Saleen S351 rear wing.

Mopar....all of them..LOL... mainly my yellow 70 Cuda, 69 Roadrunner B5 blue 383 car, gold 71 Road Runner 383 from high school and the gold 71 340 Demon that was my first car when I had my license. It was a factory hood scoop and rear wing car.

Comment

They were all too slow, but my 15 GT had the best memories with my kids. Next one will be faster and built with my boys.

Comment

Working...
                                X