No announcement yet.

time for a new internet connection speed test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
      NTT America, is that at your job?
      Yea. I know I cheated. It's a decent sized office and I'm the only one here over the weekends. Zoom zoom.

Comment

• Internet

LAN

Comment

• So my Charter 60/6 package, which is normally pretty fast is taking a huge shit. Speed test is showing 18/down and 4.5/up. They wont do shit about it because if I do the speed test on their site it shows 65/down and 6/up. I'm downloading something on steam, where I consistently get 9.5MB/down I'm now getting 700k/down. How do I go about escalating the issue? The "tech" support lady said they can't help since I show what I'm supposed to have on their server.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            So my Charter 60/6 package, which is normally pretty fast is taking a huge shit. Speed test is showing 18/down and 4.5/up. They wont do shit about it because if I do the speed test on their site it shows 65/down and 6/up. I'm downloading something on steam, where I consistently get 9.5MB/down I'm now getting 700k/down. How do I go about escalating the issue? The "tech" support lady said they can't help since I show what I'm supposed to have on their server.
            Everything in your house that is tied to the internet is taking a small amount of the bandwidth. Phones, computers, dvr's, thermostats, smart tvs, game systems.....Charter may show you getting 60+, but what your computer actually has access to will be different.

Comment

• Are any of you guys being capped on volume on your home accounts?

The fucking cable company here in Abilene has the 50mb down plan capped at 250GB per month(before they start charging overages). I'm 2 weeks into this billing cycle and at 80% usage(a couple of movies and streaming the baseball games eats a lot). This overage bullshit is just to make up for them losing subscription customers on the TV side. I really wish they had competition in town besides DSL.

Comment

• Are any of you guys being capped on volume on your home accounts?

The fucking cable company here in Abilene has the 50mb down plan capped at 250GB per month(before they start charging overages). I'm 2 weeks into this billing cycle and at 80% usage(a couple of movies and streaming the baseball games eats a lot). This overage bullshit is just to make up for them losing subscription customers on the TV side. I really wish they had competition in town besides DSL.

Comment

• Not I, this is from 6/1/15 till I took the ss today, from this single pc.

Comment

• Boom!

Comment

• Wish I got this at home...

Though I can't complain with this at home...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                        Selecting the proper server certainly makes a huge difference.

Using this thread as a bit of a data archiving tool. No changes on my end. ISP must have upgraded infrastructure....

Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                          Are any of you guys being capped on volume on your home accounts?

No cap here. That sucks.

Comment

• Ill be able you provide a 4+Gbps later this year. Can't wait!

Comment

• Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                              Ill be able you provide a 4+Gbps later this year. Can't wait!
                              That's f'in crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                                That's f'in crazy.
                                It's at work, so it doesn't really count. [emoji28]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X