What are yall gonna do about the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Damn...that's massive. So you're saying things are going to tank even further?
    Every hotel company is the same way. Pebblebrook announced Monday they'd laid off 4,000 and are planing another 2,000.

Market projections are already for 2.25 million jobless claims next week. I'm simply extrapolating Ohio and thinking it could be a lot higher. The highest weekly jobless claim number ever reported is around 660,000.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      I was in a deep conversation about this virus and specifically in Italy. Those people live a very different lifestyle. Their religion is mainly catholic, everyone goes to church, they all drink from the same challis during communion, they all shake hands and hug. Most live with their families, three generations in one household. They also are always having festivals, large family gatherings, etc. This is why I believe it has spread and affected a large percentage of their population.

If we as a society can learn anything from them, it is to stay away from each other as long as possible, we may avert the mass epidemic that they are experiencing...
      And they have one of the oldest populations to I believe I read. I haven't checked but if the 40 for 40 thing pans out on the malaria drug this should get better fast. I also believe I read somewhere the company (maybe government) had a ridiculous stock on hand and donated it, like millions. Could be a game changer. You wouldn't need any excessive ventilators if this drug knocked out the pneumonia part.

Hell maybe that is what China figured out if their recent numbers aren't bullshit.

I was reading random comments and more and more of these are catching my eye.

I’m an asthma suffered 49 years old got covid19 which became a bad case of pneumonia spent 6 days in the hospital 3 in icu and 3 in a regular room what saved my life was chloroquine
      Last edited by kingjason; 03-20-2020, 11:35 PM.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
        This shit is so bad. The company I work for owns $7Bln of hotels. Massive corporate layoff this past Monday - company cut 95% of the 7,000 employees. Occupancies at our hotels are zero.

Ohio is reporting daily jobless claims. In one week Ohio has went from 4,800 to 139,000. Last week the whole US was 281,000. Next week will probably hit 2.5 -3 million, 4x more than the record high during the financial crisis.
        For sure I am no expert on the financial end of things. So, if the world basically stopped everything in its tracks, everyone got what they needed to get by, and in three months things got to rolling again, wouldn't you say the damage would not be like the 08 crisis? Everyone was shitty about how the banks and car dealers got bailed out but not the average guy in 08. I think, and hope this one could be different. I mean the real estate and automotive markets needed a little bit of a correction anyways. Housing around here is back to stupid highs. Even with low interest rates houses are still not affordable.

For instance.

Just like you, we at Regions are continuing to follow the news about the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We're taking extensive steps to protect our customers, our associates and our communities. Above all, we hope you and the people you care about are healthy and safe.

We also understand that you could have financial concerns during this time and may even be facing a real hardship. We've reached out to many personal and business customers to identify their biggest and most immediate financial needs, and to see what we can do to make things a little easier for those we serve.

So beginning March 23rd, we will offer the following in response to the COVID-19 outbreak:1

Penalty-free CD withdrawal2
        Waived fees for excessive withdrawals on all savings and money market accounts3
        Other deposit account fee waivers based on your needs4
        Loan and credit card payment relief, including no late fees5
        Consumer mortgage payment relief for 90 days5
        We will also not begin new efforts to repossess vehicles or start property foreclosures on consumer real estate loans for 30 days
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          For sure I am no expert on the financial end of things. So, if the world basically stopped everything in its tracks, everyone got what they needed to get by, and in three months things got to rolling again, wouldn't you say the damage would not be like the 08 crisis? Everyone was shitty about how the banks and car dealers got bailed out but not the average guy in 08. I think, and hope this one could be different. I mean the real estate and automotive markets needed a little bit of a correction anyways. Housing around here is back to stupid highs. Even with low interest rates houses are still not affordable.

[/B]
          No this isn’t 08 it’s 10 x worse. It’s the biggest bubble in history that was blown up by crappy policies and cheap easy free money. Well now we will see the effects. Your likely going to see hyper inflation in a deflated economy. All leverage companies will fail and will be nationalized via the Us govt. Those who spent like drunk sailors and did not see this will pay via defaults. The govt will print like mad destroying the usd even more as people lose everything. Real nice note from your bank I bet they aren’t nice when they come to repo people’s shit

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
            No this isn’t 08 it’s 10 x worse. It’s the biggest bubble in history that was blown up by crappy policies and cheap easy free money. Well now we will see the effects. Your likely going to see hyper inflation in a deflated economy. All leverage companies will fail and will be nationalized via the Us govt. Those who spent like drunk sailors and did not see this will pay via defaults. The govt will print like mad destroying the usd even more as people lose everything. Real nice note from your bank I bet they aren’t nice when they come to repo people’s shit
            Relax man...the whole world is in this together...the US ain't going to be the only one financially impacted.

Comment

Relax man...the whole world is in this together...the US ain't going to be the only one financially impacted.
              Yep I work for a large global corp and the US media is being pretty bad about not reporting the conditions in other countries.

Plus the US media is trying to spin Trump as the ultimate buffoon instead of self centered and slightly out of touch. Emergency preparedness is one thing the other presidents and congress should have been planning for.

Comment

• The media is going to lose a lot of their viewers trust in this. Some of the responses have started to trickle in positive and it's even showing with some of my liberal friends.

Comment

• My last comment on this drug thing for a while(maybe), but CNN is running a mostly positive article on this stuff. I would think they would be the first ones trying to de bunk the news. Also people are misquoting Dr Fauci. He just pretty much said he has heard good things but cannot back it up clinically on his end yet, or basically no first hand knowledge. Ever met a real doctor, or a pharmacist for that matter, that would just back shit with out their own experts being there to witness things? My buddies wife is a pharmacist and she will straight go the fuck off on people spouting unknown shit. My mom is a alternative medicine type of gal, and even though the love each other, she tells my mom off all the time. They are funny to watch.

Lets all hope this shit cures the elderly in a heartbeat and after a few weeks of management we can get back on with life.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• That's one thing about this that's positive. People, or the people who haven't before will say fuck you to the news media and realize their true intentions. I'm sick of the bullshit sensationalism and it's been this way for decades and they are not ever held accountable.

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post

Plus the US media is trying to spin Trump as the ultimate buffoon

It isn't like it is a far walk.

One of my sisters is Covid-19 positive. She was in Seattle a few weeks ago, but her husband is a commercial airline pilot so he could have picked it up from anywhere and transmitted it.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post

One of my sisters is Covid-19 positive. She was in Seattle a few weeks ago, but her husband is a commercial airline pilot so he could have picked it up from anywhere and transmitted it.
                        How is she doing?

Comment

...and they do that kiss on the cheek shit.

I thought you'd want the U.S to start that up... Nay said he'd come to your work and show you how it's done

WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                            How is she doing?

Fever, coughing, and no appetite. She's reasonably healthy for her age so hopefully she has a quick recovery.

Comment

Fever, coughing, and no appetite. She's reasonably healthy for her age so hopefully she has a quick recovery.
                              Hopefully she's ok.

Comment

Eric, I hope your sister beats this soon. Take care, my friend

Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X