X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys will not extend the contract of head coach Jason Garrett

By: FOX4News.com Staff

Posted: Jan 31 2019 04:31PM CST

The Dallas Cowboys will not extend the contract of head coach Jason Garrett, meaning the 2019 season will be the final one of his current deal.

The move by Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, reported by multiple sources on Thursday, means Garrett will essentially be coaching for his football life in the fall.

Garrett is entering the final year on a five-year, $30 million contract signed in 2014.

Jones said in an interview on 105.3 KRLD-FM on Wednesday that he has high expectations.

“I think if you look at what we've done over the last few years you'll see a pretty good winning record there. It's not enough, not enough. There's been some speculation that possibly I'm a little satisfied with not going down to these Super Bowls without having my team with me, which I'm not. There is absolutely a complete commitment,” Jones said.

The Cowboys have ping-ponged under Garrett’s leadership – making the playoffs one year and then missing the next year. His overall record as head coach is 77-59.

The news leaked on the same day the Cowboys officially named Kellen Moore as the new offensive coordinator and Jon Kitna as quarterbacks coach.

The Dallas Cowboys will not extend the contract of head coach Jason Garrett, meaning the 2019 season will be the final one of his current deal.

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
    Jones said in an interview on 105.3 KRLD-FM on Wednesday that he has high expectations.
    I'll be dipped in shit! Now that he's predicted that they'll be undefeated!

Comment

Just a ploy! He will get signed next off season!
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        Just a ploy! He will get signed next off season!
        I'll assume if he wins a playoff game you're right. May have to win 2. I heard on the radio the other day that Tony Romo was offered a head coaching gig (they were being vague but said it was either D1 or NFL) job that he turned down and has privately said (and on the radio) that he will coach one day but only if it is as a head coach. He's wanting to wait until his kids are "old enough" which is in the eye of the beholder. I really think if Jerry came to him though and said, "Tony, you wanna be the head coach?" that Romo would be all over it. So it is smart if you think you can lure him in as a head coach within the next 3 years to keep Red Jesus on a year to year or max of 2 year contract.

Comment

Working...
        X