Dyno Today 11 5.0L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Today 11 5.0L

A big thanks goes out to all involved @ TSM for all your hard work.
    Made an appointment at TSM for a tune, upon arrival everyone was friendly and courteous and immediately got to work on getting the car tuned.

11 GT 5.0L
    O/R X pipe
    Kooks Catback
    Steeda Intake.

Nice numbers! I wish I had time for them to do my 2012 before I head to MIR at the end of this month.

Comment

And thats all thats done, exhaust/intake/tune?

Those new 5.0s are beasts! Very nice numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
        Nice numbers! I wish I had time for them to do my 2012 before I head to MIR at the end of this month.
        Defiantly worth the time to get it done.
        I drove a little over an hour to Mckinney and have absolutely no regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
          And thats all thats done, exhaust/intake/tune?

Those new 5.0s are beasts! Very nice numbers!
          yes sir,

I initially was expecting around 420 with this setup at most. I think they were just as shocked as i was to see those #'s haha.
          "car is just a freak"

Comment

Great numbers indeed! Saturday was a blast! Thanks for coming out!

Comment

A Little update,
              I forgot i had these pictures of that Saturday of the shop and people involved

Comment

Comment

Comment

goddamn. 436 @ the tire? the only thing you have that i don't is a cat back and i doubt that makes much power...i figure my car MAY tickle 400 at the feet, but over 430? that's insane. I may give these guys a call. seriously.

looking at the A/F...is that 13:1 straight across the board like that? if so, isn't that a little lean?
                    Last edited by KungFuHamster; 11-11-2011, 12:20 PM.
                    2011 Mustang GT
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
                      goddamn. 436 @ the tire? the only thing you have that i dont is a cat back and i doubt that makes much power...i figure my car MAY tickle 400 at the feet, but over 430? that's insane. I may give these guys a call. seriously.
                      I expected 420HP when i went in, another guy there with a 12 5.0L same intake and bassani axel-back put down 409HP. If your catless and are running a CAI i see you making over 400 pretty easily with a decent tune.

This is STD smoothing BTW, i know some get all butt hurt about inflated #'s and this and that so for good mesure here is the SAE results.

Edit:
                      About your lean question.

It cuddles between 12.6 -12.7, but target is 12.7

The graph is scaled kinda different to get an accruate #, but look in the video in the first post of the run. During the run on the TV just above the green scanning bar at the bottom of the screen you can see the blue read-out #.

If you have any questions about drivability, id be more than happy to let you drive it sometime. :wink1:
                      Last edited by spd2stang; 11-11-2011, 12:31 PM.

Comment

damn, that's pretty impressive imo.

how long have you been running their tune? any issues?

i have a BBR email tune and it runs fine...i even beat on it at the track in over 100 degree heat with no issues. does it seem to be holding up fine?
                        2011 Mustang GT
                        sigpic

Comment

damn, that's pretty impressive imo.

how long have you been running their tune? any issues?

i have a BBR email tune and it runs fine...i even beat on it at the track in over 100 degree heat with no issues. does it seem to be holding up fine?
                          See i had a Bama tune before this and honestly it felt just fine, but during a baseline with it, car hit a high 13 a/f right between 4-5K. You would think i would get some audiable knock, but i never heard anything during a pull before. Id say get it tuned and have someone with experience build a perfect tune for your needs, Seans a great guy

It idles about 100-150 RPMS higher, but i always felt a bog down low right off idle launches and the high RPM seems to have cured it.

Difference between before thios tune and now is 2ndand third gear IMO
                          I cant keep it on the ground haha
                          Around town, cars pretty tame IMO.
                          No bucking or weird idle surges like i had before. Runs smooth

Comment

Originally posted by spd2stang View Post
                            See i had a Bama tune before this and honestly it felt just fine, but during a baseline with it, car hit a high 13 a/f right between 4-5K. You would think i would get some audiable knock, but i never heard anything during a pull before. Id say get it tuned and have someone with experience build a perfect tune for your needs, Seans a great guy

It idles about 100-150 RPMS higher, but i always felt a bog down low right off idle launches and the high RPM seems to have cured it.

Difference between before thios tune and now is 2ndand third gear IMO
                            I cant keep it on the ground haha
                            Around town, cars pretty tame IMO.
                            No bucking or weird idle surges like i had before. Runs smooth
                            hmmm. i had idle issues before the x-pipe and asked them to address it when doing a re-tune for the x-pipe. now it idles higher than normal, but it doesnt really bother me. do you have 3.73s?
                            2011 Mustang GT
                            sigpic

Comment

hmmm. i had idle issues before the x-pipe and asked them to address it when doing a re-tune for the x-pipe. now it idles higher than normal, but it doesnt really bother me. do you have 3.73s?
                              yes 3.73's.

Comment

Working...
                              X