smile Amazon, donate to charity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smile Amazon, donate to charity

For you guys using Amazon, do you ever use Smile.amazon.com? They donate a small portion of every purchase to a charity of your choice. They have a list, or you can type in one and select it. It's free, just use that different URL to use it, and help a charity in need! I selected American Diabetes Association, July will be 49 years I've been type 1.

How to sign up

I also logged in the regular URL and Smile URL, same prices for the 3 items I looked at, so they do not inflate it to cover the donation. :-)

been a smile user for several years.

Comment

Same here, linked mine to the Salvation Army.

Comment

Not Smile specifically, but Microsoft matches me dollar for dollar up to $40k, and has some other formula for matching in $$ when I volunteer my time places. It's only available to employees, so not as far-reaching as a program like smile, but pretty generous none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          Not Smile specifically, but Microsoft matches me dollar for dollar up to $40k, and has some other formula for matching in $$ when I volunteer my time places. It's only available to employees, so not as far-reaching as a program like smile, but pretty generous none the less.
          So you're sayin you work for M$? What kinda hookup ya offerin?

Comment

Yes, We use Smile too... works pretty good and it's basically free money for our favorite Charity.

mardyn

Comment

Been using it for a few years now.

Comment

been using it about 5-6 years. The Shiba Inu rescue we got our dog from sent us something way back then and it's been linked there ever since

Comment

every single time i shop on amazon its through smile.

Comment

Yup, we link to the The League to Save Lake Tahoe conservation fund

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                      Yup, we link to the The League to Save Lake Tahoe conservation fund
                      They were a major reason 2 stroke jet skis are banned on the lake, however made no attempt at banning 2 stroke fishing boats. They say its for environmental reasons but it was just as much a noise pollution issue as it was a water pollution issue. I'm torn on support for groups like this, as im a proponent of the big picture but do not support some of the means to get their end.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                        So you're sayin you work for M$? What kinda hookup ya offerin?
                        No discounts on hardware unfortunately, first thing I looked at was getting a new Xbox for the media room. Software discounts are pretty good though, 50-90% depending. They are on to the hookup scenario though, and set an annual limit, so not something I can throw out there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                          They were a major reason 2 stroke jet skis are banned on the lake, however made no attempt at banning 2 stroke fishing boats. They say its for environmental reasons but it was just as much a noise pollution issue as it was a water pollution issue. I'm torn on support for groups like this, as im a proponent of the big picture but do not support some of the means to get their end.
                          I understand your bias Kyle, but you do have to concede that fishing boats typically run to the fishing hole and back, where skis run and pollute the entire time they are on the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            I understand your bias Kyle, but you do have to concede that fishing boats typically run to the fishing hole and back, where skis run and pollute the entire time they are on the water.

Using more gas on a larger motor. Its nonsense to think it was solely a pollution issue or theyd scrub the boats too. Truth is it was the wealthy land (lakefront) owners who were annoyed by PWCs and found a way to get rid of their annoyance.

Comment

I use smile for Gun Owners of America.

Comment

Working...
                              X