Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 days in any European city - where do you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Sicily. Especially in the summer. Not too big and not too small of an island. Tons of stuff to do and one of the most beautiful places on earth....Taormina!

Comment

Rome. Book a hotel a few blocks off the Termini Central rail station. Take the train from airport to rail station. Subways and buses can get you anywhere in the city in about 45 min. Most shopkeeper and waiters speak English.

Comment

Prague
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

If you end up in Italy, Florence is where it's at. Just my .02, but you can keep Rome and the tourist trap shit. Florence has culture and a nightlife.

Comment

Rome or Florence. Amazing cities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Pompeii would be cool, assuming you can tour some of the ruins from the big eruption

Comment

Some first hand reports on "no-go" zones would be nice.
                sigpic

Comment

Milan / Torino (Turin) get my vote. Anywhere along the Italian/Swiss or Italian/French border is great. The blend of Italian and French cuisine in the Piedmonte as well as the wines are incredible.

Comment

Prague...because I like to party

Comment

With no doubt I'd go back to Rome.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

My brother just got back. Be prepared for Europe to be nothing like is reported by our centers for bias and propaganda (“news orgs”). You might see some, but none of his family did. While I’m sure the tours steer clear, much of their trip was self-guided. He liked Amsterdam and Venice.

Good luck and be safe.
                        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                        86 SVO - Sold
                        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                          Pompeii would be cool, assuming you can tour some of the ruins from the big eruption
                          I did that a long time ago when I was in the Navy. It was meh.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                            I did that a long time ago when I was in the Navy. It was meh.
                            That's a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                              My brother just got back. Be prepared for Europe to be nothing like is reported by our centers for bias and propaganda (“news orgs”). You might see some, but none of his family did. While I’m sure the tours steer clear, much of their trip was self-guided. He liked Amsterdam and Venice.

Good luck and be safe.
                              I cant tell which way you are going with this? You might see some what?
                              1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                                That's a shame.
                                I really loved the view of mt Vesuvius as we pulled into port. I was topside surveying for any contamination. It was beautiful. Seeing Naples and the ruins up close are different though. I left the ruins wondering how the Romans went from the top to nothing. It’s really cool if you are into that type of thing but other parts of Italy are more fun in my experience. Italy is really 12 or 13 distinct regions and cultures united by a Turin king long ago. Each part is unique and I’ve never experienced the southern half or the big islands Sicily or Sardinia.

It is one of the most fun places to travel in Europe though because it’s cheaper! In Italy you can experience nice things without being loaded. Many nice, fun, romantic options available. I also joke that Italians like to build Ferrari’s or nothing. If they do something they do it all out; otherwise fuck it and hang out and eat / drink.

The craziest part of my tour of Turin was listening to the guide show us all the damaged WW2 buildings and he kept saying the Americans bombed this, that etc. After a while I asked him, you do remember who we were bombing don’t you? If you are ever in Turin / Milan they make an Espresso with chocolate and cream that’s amazing. They have a special name for it, but it’s pretty awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X