Comment

R.i.p.

Comment

Man that sucks. Really liked him in a lot of movies

Comment

Dang. RIP
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

RIP Famous for one of the greatest movie scenes of all time.

Comment

RIP R.Lee

Here is an interview with him.
                R. Lee Ermey, a former Marine Corps drill instructor known to millions of moviegoers as the sadistic Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Stanley Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket," died Sunday morning, according to his longtime manager. He was 74.

"I've had a very fruitful career. I've done over 70 feature films," he said. "I've done over 200 episodes of [Outdoor Channel series 'GunnyTime']... and then [Hollywood] found out that I'm a conservative."

Actually, he corrected, "I'm an Independent, but I said something bad about the president. I had something unsavory to say about the president's administration, and even though I did vote for him the first time around, I was blackballed."

Ermey, who was an NRA board member, said at the time that his association with the organization and his disapproval of President Obama cost him acting jobs.

"Do you realize I have not done a movie in five to six years? Why? Because I was totally blackballed by the ... liberals in Hollywood," he alleged. "They can destroy you. They're hateful people [who] don't just not like you, they want to take away your livelihood ... that's why I live up in the desert on a dirt road ... I don't have to put up with their crap."
                Last edited by line-em-up; 04-15-2018, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Dammit, R.I.P

Comment

His role in Full Metal Jacket greatly influenced me as a young guy longing to become a Marine. I must have watched my VHS copy a thousand times in my last few years of high school before going off to boot camp in 1994. No doubt he influenced the vast population of Marines as well since the release of Full Metal Jacket in 1987. I even had sound track cassette tape for extra motivation.

Marines around the world are mourning the loss. Rest in peace, Gunny. Certainly Chesty Puller was there to greet you.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

At ease Gunny. R.I.P.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
                      --carlos

sigpic

Comment

God has a hard-on for Marines, because we kill everything we see! He plays His games, we play ours! To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep heaven packed with fresh souls! God was here before the Marine Corps! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps!

Comment

RIP! I met him about 10 years ago and he was the exact opposite of his role in FMJ - he was very nice and engaging to everyone around. I can't remember where it was that I met him (may have been Autorama or a horror movie convention) but I remember he was on kind of a raised platform/mini-stage signing autographs and taking pics. While I was standing there a wounded soldier with either an army or marines uniform got in line to get his autograph. Ermey stopped what he was doing, got down off the platform, walked straight over to the guy, said something in his ear, pulled him out of line and the 2 of them walked back up on the platform and Ermey stood up and said "THIS IS THE GUY Y'ALL SHOULD BE HERE TO SEE, NOT ME." I think everyone that heard/saw it teared up. It was awesome.

Comment

That sucks. Met him at SEMA a few years back. He was very friendly.

Comment

He signed my 53 military Jeep’s dash when he was at the cabelas grand opening in Allen. I was on shift at the firestation so my brother and a buddy drove it up there for me. They said the line for signatures was huge, so they had somebody tell them what they wanted. Once he found out, he stood up and told the line he needed a break. They went out back, he signed the jeep, and they hung out bullshitting for a little bit.
                              "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                              http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                              Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                              Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                              http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                              www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X