Microwave alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microwave alternatives

I've always liked to eat healthy, and lately I've been getting better and better at eating right. I find that the better I eat, the better I feel. Its no small difference, I feel a lot better when I eat healthy. So much so that I'd rather just eat healthy than feel dragged down by my last meal.

And its pretty clear by now, if you read up on it, that microwaves are something that shouldn't have anything to do with food. So after doing my due diligence, I'm getting rid of mine. But what's a good alternative to warm something up quickly? Ovens aren't really made for that. At least mine isn't. I was thinking of trying this, since it has a function that is made just to warm up food.

Any other ideas? I've also heard of "turbo ovens" which are supposed to rapidly heat food.
    Last edited by Gasser64; 04-15-2017, 12:59 AM.
    WH

Instant? is a well-known brand of kitchen and home appliances. Find pressure cookers, air purifiers, air fryers & cookware. Ships to USA and Canada.

my aunt swears by her instantpot. i've tasted allot of the food she cooked using it! pretty darn good and it's really amazing how fast that thing cooks

Comment

Go pro?
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
        http://instantpot.com/

my aunt swears by her instantpot. i've tasted allot of the food she cooked using it! pretty darn good and it's really amazing how fast that thing cooks

Only thing is, I don't think a pressure cooker is good for just reheating already cooked food. Which is what I'm looking for. Something to replace a microwave in that capacity.
        WH

Comment

get a convection oven

Comment

Thought a normal oven was just a convection oven... but what the hell do I know. Not shit about ovens, that's for sure.
            WH

Comment

Why is a microwave so bad?

Comment

surveillance
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I'll disagree that "microwaves shouldn't have anything to do with food." Convection ovens have a fan, standard ovens do not. No, your standard oven isn't a convection oven. Standard ovens use radiant heat, convection used convected heat.

The only "turbo ovens" I'm aware of are on the commercial side and cost thousands of dollars.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    I'll disagree that "microwaves shouldn't have anything to do with food." Convection ovens have a fan, standard ovens do not. No, your standard oven isn't a convection oven. Standard ovens use radiant heat, convection used convected heat.

The only "turbo ovens" I'm aware of are on the commercial side and cost thousands of dollars.
                    The next time one of those turbochef ovens gets fucked up going through our warehouse I'm grabbing that bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      The next time one of those turbochef ovens gets fucked up going through our warehouse I'm grabbing that bitch.
                      They're pieces of shit. Hard to clean, hard to get parts and service for at times. You'd be happier with a MerryChef.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

We have a fancy convection oven thing and I can't tell the difference other than the fan noise. We just use the regular baking anymore.

Comment

I just use the waffle iron for everything. You ever had a spaghetti waffle?
                          Last edited by BradM; 04-16-2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                            We have a fancy convection oven thing and I can't tell the difference other than the fan noise. We just use the regular baking anymore.
                            We have a counter top unit that does both, I can say my bacon cooks faster on convection than without

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                              you just went full lincolnboy
                              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                              X