Vinyl dealership decal removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl dealership decal removal?

Whats the best way without fucking up my paint? This giant Bob Tomes Ford sticker's gotta go.

Should I just peel the vinyl part off and use some goo-gone to remove the remaining adhesive?

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
    Whats the best way without fucking up my paint? This giant Bob Tomes Ford sticker's gotta go.

Should I just peel the vinyl part off and use some goo-gone to remove the remaining adhesive?
    this or us a heat gun, apply light heat and usually it will come off clean. If you end up using any adhesive remover, remember to clean the area really good and apply a coat of wax.

Comment

Heat gun, plastic razor blade, goo gone.

Comment

Propane torch.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I used just my hands. It didn't leave a residue
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

yep, grab the old ladys hairdryer and use your fingernails then goo gone.

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

fingernails then goo gone

Comment

buy from a dealership that doesn't use stickers?
                BEWARE OF PEREZ TRANSPORT LLC
                BEWARE OF EXOTIC TRANSPORT
                Fernando Perez
                Alijandra Perez
                Mesquite, Texas
                214-680-1415

Comment

Originally posted by saleen449 View Post
                  buy from a dealership that doesn't use stickers?

Comment

I'll say this again, "decal eraser." can be bought at any auto paint supply house or I think I've seen them at NAPA. I'm starting to get the notion that some of you guys don't want to put a little effort into this and want these decals to just fall off. the eraser will NOT damage the paint in any way fashion or form. the guy behind the counter at any English or Metro will tell you how to use it.
                    --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Heat gun/hair dryer and some goobgone works pretty well. Most guys dont have a big enough aircompressor to run a high speed die grinder. I guess you could use a electric drill with a decal remover/eraser, but most of the times if it is a recent applied decal, it will come off with little or no effort.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

oops, I guess I should of specified that I was talking about the one for an electric drill. last time I bought one I think I got it for $14 or so. will last a long time.
                        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

I don't remove enough decals to justify a $14 dollar purchase that will "last a long time," especially when I have goo gone lying around. Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                            I don't remove enough decals to justify a $14 dollar purchase that will "last a long time," especially when I have goo gone lying around. Thanks for the tips.
                            5 years down the road you're going to wish you spent that $14.

Comment

eraser wheel

I have two brand new ones at the house. I only seem to use them every few years or so, but there is no substitute
                              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                              X