paint guns and setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint guns and setup

Hey guys, i recently bought a new project car. Looking to do some body work and throw a cheap paint job on it to get me by for the next couple years while i focus on the suspension, brakes, drive train, etc. What is a reasonable/affordable gun to buy? Brand, tip sizing, etc. Will probably be using a two stage, base coat then clear coat. Its just basic white no metallic or anything. Also what pressure do you typically spray with? looking at using either nason or possibly the summit brand stuff. Want it to be as cheap as possible..

Thoughts or ideas??

What paint are yall using and what guns are you spraying it with? I am using R-M Onyx-HD Water base and shooting it with Iwata lph-400 w/ orange cap and a 1.4 tip. Clearing with Diamont 5600 and 5300 and using an Iwata W-400 w/ a 1.3 tip. I was using the Glasurit 90-line water. The onyx is pretty much the same.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Man I have done some nice jobs with cheap guns, I used a harbor freight gun with a 2.0 tip to do my primer and a 1.4 to do my base coat clear coat on my own car 2 years ago and I still get more compliments than my friends 2 thousand dollar paint job. I use nason paint all the time, it turns out nice but paint is kinda like anything else you buy you pay for what you get. Trust me its not worth the money to pay for a good paint job on a race car.

Comment

Working...
      X