No announcement yet.

Picked up a 95 GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet ride, i'd throw some eibachs on it though.

what part of cali are you in?
    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
      sweet ride, i'd throw some eibachs on it though.

what part of cali are you in?
      Thanks, man! I agree it would look much better lowered. I'm considering it when I replace the struts. I'm worried about more rattles, a rough ride & alignment issues.

I live in Santa Clarita... about 20 miles north of Hollywood.

Comment

Does anyone know if caster/camber plates are a must for a small drop, like 1 - 1.5"? I'm not looking to slam the car, just a little less fender gap.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
          Does anyone know if caster/camber plates are a must for a small drop, like 1 - 1.5"? I'm not looking to slam the car, just a little less fender gap.
          They're not "necessary", but damn will it help. You could get away with it for a while, your tires will wear a little funny.

Comment

If you want to lower it but don't want the harsh ride, get the coil over spring setup for front and rear from Maximum Motorsports. I had Motorsport C springs on mine for years and they would beat you up pretty good.

If you drop it much more than an inch, you will need caster camber plates.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

This guy is basically giving away the GR40 stuff...

Comment

Thanks for the input. Might as well get some MM caster camber plates when I do shocks and springs.

I forgot to mention I put some old school 40 series Flowmasters and 2.5" tailpipes on it a month ago. It's still way too quiet... it has 4 cats on it because of CA emissions. I want to get a off road setup after I fix the suspension.

I also picked up a new driver's side door panel for $30 on Craigslist on Sunday that's in much better condition than my original one.

Comment

You don't have to have 4 cats in CA?

Comment

Originally posted by Blandnuts View Post
                    You don't have to have 4 cats in CA?
                    You do... but I'll just swap out the H pipe every other year for my smog test.

Comment

I've been pretty busy with a move and new house, but have given the Stang some love the past couple months. I did plugs, oil change and fuel filter a month ago and it passed smog with flying colors.

Then this past weekend I replaced the motor mounts (one was shot), tranny mount (also shot), replaced old rubber brake lines with stainless and installed a BBK off road H-pipe.

Man, it sounds 100x better now! Crazy how much 4 cats kills the volume. With the original 40 series 2 chambers and no cats it sounds just like I remember Mustangs in high school.

I was a little worried removing all these original parts on a 25 year old car, but thankfully no broken bolts.

I need to clean it up again and snap a couple pics.

Comment

Working...
                      X