No announcement yet.

Bird_dog0347's RC thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my newest plane today... it was discontinued years ago and I had always wanted one. Found one online still NIB and snagged it. I'm not going to build it for some time though, but I wasn't gonna let it get away like I did years ago. It's the biplane version of the red/yellow reactor above.

Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Awesome find!

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
        Awesome find!
        Thanks, I always wanted one and other than the shipping I can't complain. Since it was in NY, NY it was over $100 shipped and insured but only $250 for the plane that was originally $299 so not bad... plus you can't get them anymore. I was adding up everything I need and just for the recommended servos (same as the mono-wing reactor) it's like another $500ish. That and it won't fit in either mustang so I've got to get the wife something new to drive so I can use the Tahoe anytime I want just to be able to take it somewhere to fly it, which incidentally is the same reason I haven't flown the other reactor since 2012.

Stevo

Comment

Lmao! I crashed the shit out of the exact same plane years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
            Thanks, I always wanted one and other than the shipping I can't complain. Since it was in NY, NY it was over $100 shipped and insured but only $250 for the plane that was originally $299 so not bad... plus you can't get them anymore. I was adding up everything I need and just for the recommended servos (same as the mono-wing reactor) it's like another $500ish. That and it won't fit in either mustang so I've got to get the wife something new to drive so I can use the Tahoe anytime I want just to be able to take it somewhere to fly it, which incidentally is the same reason I haven't flown the other reactor since 2012.
            I’m big into warbirds since my grandfather was a pilot in WW2. I’m also an old balsa builder. I’ve been socking away kits for years. My wife thought I was crazy but as of this year when horizon bought tower no more kits. After we move and I get my new hobby room set up, I will share some photos. I fly foamies and have a small quad too. It’s a cleaner hobby than cars.

Comment

I’m big into warbirds since my grandfather was a pilot in WW2. I’m also an old balsa builder. I’ve been socking away kits for years. My wife thought I was crazy but as of this year when horizon bought tower no more kits. After we move and I get my new hobby room set up, I will share some photos. I fly foamies and have a small quad too. It’s a cleaner hobby than cars.
              I still need to get you a b-17

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                I still need to get you a b-17
                I’ve never flown a multi engine plane, so I definitely still want one.

Comment

I’ve never flown a multi engine plane, so I definitely still want one.
                  heck ya.

Comment

I've never flown multi engine planes either... But I don't imagine it's that much different?

Stevo

Comment

I've never flown multi engine planes either... But I don't imagine it's that much different?
                      It is when you lose one.

Comment

It is when you lose one.
                        Ha! Well, I guess it's better than losing the ONLY one...

Stevo

Comment

I built some training gear for the Trex 500 ESP since the blades track correctly and it is all balanced vs. the 250 that I haven't found the problem for yet (blade vibration/wobble). Think I'll give it a go for a hover here in a bit.

Stevo

Comment

Ha! Well, I guess it's better than losing the ONLY one...
                            Losing power on a single engine plane, you land it. Lose power in a twin on one engine and turn the wrong way before you have opposite rudder dialed in, you death spin into the ground. It’s one of the many ways electric power has improved the hobby. The instant torque of electric motors also allows you to do stupid things that used to cost you an airplane.

Comment

So on the T-Rex 250 I decided to say screw it and upgrade it to remove the vibration since I was pretty sure it'd been crashed before. I got the 250 DFC head and swash, new carbon blades, a new ESC as my old one would have required a new BEC, and I got a new Spektrum AR7210BX receiver with Beast X flybarless controller built in. There is a big learning curve going to a flybarless setup, but I got it up in the air this afternoon and the vibration is gone now.

Stevo

Comment

I'm to poor for heli's

Comment

Working...
                                X