No announcement yet.

Picked up a 95 GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can reglue the brackets to the bottom of the glass with clear silicone sealant. The relays in the CCRM box can be removed off of the board with a soldering iron and replaced with any commonly available relay. SN95.com is a great resource for any of the common problems associated with those cars. In my opinion the best mod you can do to them is put the 13" Cobra brakes on them or the 14" brembos from the later cars.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      You can reglue the brackets to the bottom of the glass with clear silicone sealant. The relays in the CCRM box can be removed off of the board with a soldering iron and replaced with any commonly available relay. SN95.com is a great resource for any of the common problems associated with those cars. In my opinion the best mod you can do to them is put the 13" Cobra brakes on them or the 14" brembos from the later cars.
      Unfortunately, that domain name is for sale.
      WH

Comment

Does anyone know if the door panels are the same from 94-98 as 99-04? Some say that 94-04 are all the same, and others say the 99+ are different. At least in pictures, they sure look the same to me.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
          Does anyone know if the door panels are the same from 94-98 as 99-04? Some say that 94-04 are all the same, and others say the 99+ are different. At least in pictures, they sure look the same to me.
          No functional difference that I'm aware of. Colors are different I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
            EDIT: I seem to recall that there is also a fuse that can kill the speedo in those cars as well....be sure to start there before you tear into everything.
            I found a good deal on a cluster on corral.net, but I will check the fuses before I buy. Hopefully it's something that simple.

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            No functional difference that I'm aware of. Colors are different I think.
            Thanks for the confirmation.

Comment

Help!

I went to install a new cluster today and the car won't start. When I turn the key, I get a click but the engine won't turn over. Battery shows 12.6 volts and the same thing happens when trying to jump it.

Here's the weird part... after trying to start it the car loses all power. No interior lights, headlights, horn, nothing. After waiting a period of time the power comes back, but the car still won't start.

Any suggestions? What would cause the entire car to not have any power?

Comment

If it won't take a jump is a sure sign of crap battery/ground connections.

Comment

Almost every electrical problem that a 79-04 mustang has can be traced back to a bad ground

Comment

What cluster did you get? Just FYI but the 96 and later clusters are different and will fry if you plug them into the 94-95 harness and turn the key on.

Your power problem sounds like the battery ground. The factory battery cables will corrode on the inside and look fine on the outside.
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
                      Almost every electrical problem that a 79-04 mustang has can be traced back to a bad ground
                      This, but that statement goes for pretty much any car/truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                        If it won't take a jump is a sure sign of crap battery/ground connections.
                        You nailed it, although it appeared tight, the positive terminal on the battery was loose. It's firing right up now.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        What cluster did you get? Just FYI but the 96 and later clusters are different and will fry if you plug them into the 94-95 harness and turn the key on.

Your power problem sounds like the battery ground. The factory battery cables will corrode on the inside and look fine on the outside.
                        I got one out of a 95 GT. Now that the car is starting I'm gonna go and swap it out and see if my speedo and odometer work again.

Comment

Got the new cluster installed and my speedometer, odometer & tripometer are working now

Next on my list are new shocks and struts.

Comment

I also made my first modification, should be good for at least 10 horsepower.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                              I also made my first modification, should be good for at least 10 horsepower.

Nice!

Glad you got it figured out.

FYI. Put a charger on the battery for a bit, with the positive clamp being loose I'm sure the alternator has been working overtime trying to charge it.

Comment

I've really been enjoying having this car, even though I've only put 100 miles or so on it in six months. I've mostly just been tinkering on it and addressing things that were neglected by the previous owner.

In the last month I've:
                                • Replaced the ignition switch after the key broke off in it
                                • Replaced battery terminals
                                • Replaced locks in both doors
                                • Replaced broken rod in passenger door that prevented the key from working
                                • Replaced the driver's side window regulator
                                • Replaced broken license plate light lenses, melted sockets & installed LEDs
                                • Installed Cobra head lights and new corner lights
                                • Adjusted hinges and aligned hood
                                • Installed new air dam

Today my son and I washed it the first time and gave it a coat of wax.

Comment

Working...
                                X