Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wax

I used to swear by Zaino, I saw that its now $17 a bottle at the local o'reilly's, I haven't gone to english color to see what they have on the shelf. Its been quite some time since I've had the time to take care of my own vehicles. I'm on vacation this week and I'm going to pay some attention to my girlfriends G35 and get it cleaned up and looking like it should.

What do the detailers here recommend in the way of wash and wax materials?
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

if zaino is too expensive at $17 a bottle then you wont like any other suggestions.

i use wolfgang wax, which i think was $35. and P21s carunauba which was like $45.

Cobra #340 Mystichrome #73

Comment

I'm not against spending that much money. I just wanted to make sure if I do, I get the best that is available to me in my area

Comment

I use Meguiars (Various kinds), ShowRoom FX (which is cheaper), Wolfgang, and I have one bottle left of Black Fire (which is being discontinued and this thread reminded me to stock up)

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          I'm not against spending that much money. I just wanted to make sure if I do, I get the best that is available to me in my area
          my apologies!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaison View Post
            my apologies!
            No worries, my OP reads kind of like I was not wanting to spend that much. I picked up a mothers clay bar kit and plan to do that first and follow with a wax

Comment

I started on my s-10 with the clay bar this afternoon. Its kind of hard to tell how well its working, as it looks almost the same in the areas that I haven't done vs. the areas I have due to the amount of factory orange peel. I'm going to venture out and get some wax and take care of the girlfriends G-35 a little later. I'll be sure to get before and after pics

Comment

I started on my s-10 with the clay bar this afternoon. Its kind of hard to tell how well its working, as it looks almost the same in the areas that I haven't done vs. the areas I have due to the amount of factory orange peel. I'm going to venture out and get some wax and take care of the girlfriends G-35 a little later. I'll be sure to get before and after pics
                What do you mean how it looks?

You should be able to feel a noticeable difference in the paint on the done panels vs the others. The clay should also glide trouble free across the panel once it's clean. You're cleaning and removing contaminants that are embedded in the clear coat that you're unable to remove with normal washing. Whether it's sap, tar, embedded dirt etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BadCompanyVPWS6 View Post
                  What do you mean how it looks?

You should be able to feel a noticeable difference in the paint on the done panels vs the others. The clay should also glide trouble free across the panel once it's clean. You're cleaning and removing contaminants that are embedded in the clear coat that you're unable to remove with normal washing. Whether it's sap, tar, embedded dirt etc.
                  Yeah, the difference is definitely felt! It looks better than it has in years. Working 2 and 3 jobs over the last few years, I have definitely neglected the paint. It needs some serious touch up and a buff job. The girlfriends G I'm trying to maintain its quality, she is wanting to trade it in about this time next year.

Comment

if the paint feels smooth; it's working. if it feels rough; it's not

i put the pirate there cuz it's funny

Comment

I used to swear by Zaino, I saw that its now $17 a bottle at the local o'reilly's, I haven't gone to english color to see what they have on the shelf. Its been quite some time since I've had the time to take care of my own vehicles. I'm on vacation this week and I'm going to pay some attention to my girlfriends G35 and get it cleaned up and looking like it should.

What do the detailers here recommend in the way of wash and wax materials?
                      What o'reillys keeps Zaino in stock?????
                      --Marcus

Comment

they had 3 or 4 bottles here in greenville.

Comment

Zaino is mail order only, there used to be a local Rep here in Lewisville but I just order online. I went to Orilelys here in Allen and I didnt see any while I was there, not that I was looking though.
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

So I waxed my truck today, got to thinking about this thread and realized I'm a dumb @$$. I meant zymol not zaino! From the OP on I was referring to zymol and typing zaino. I must have read another thread that mentioned zaino and had the wrong z-name in my mind.

Comment

So I waxed my truck today, got to thinking about this thread and realized I'm a dumb @$$. I meant zymol not zaino! From the OP on I was referring to zymol and typing zaino. I must have read another thread that mentioned zaino and had the wrong z-name in my mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X