de quervain tendonitis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de quervain tendonitis

Anyone had this? I had started doing some iso machines when I noticed a pain in my wrist. Ignored it and soon it got to the point where I was starting to drop anything I tried to grasp with the right hand and it was painful. Tried some topical things people suggested and nothing worked. Finally resorted to a cortisone shot and now the pain is gone, however the thumb seems to catch when moving back and forth so I'm not sure if the pain will return. The thing I can think of is using these iso machines that have a fixed grip. I have a family history of rheumatoid arthritis as well so I am also wondering if this could be the start of becoming old and decrepit.

STAY AWAY from workingout atleast for two weeks. I have to look up the pill i took. It has im thinking contains MSM and something for inflamation. Look in the joint sectiom at the pharmacy.

Comment

I did. Was out for exactly two weeks. Went back first time two days ago and am staying very light, which has been a blessing because it's helped concentrate on form that has been lost in the mix when going heavy.

Comment

I finished two bottle of the joint pills i had been taken. I noticed a year after i took them i would feel alittle alittle pain in my elbows. After two weeks of taken those pill my pain went away. My pain was from work not working out. Common sense, if you feel pain dont do it any more.

Comment

My post workout protein has a chondroiten glucosamine msm stack that I like. Not a big fan of keeping up with pills its easy when it's premixed. Myogenix Aftershock. I recently switched to the slip style wrist wraps and it takes some of the stress off my grip.

Comment

Still no pain after the shot. The "catch" my thumb had is almost gone as well. Hopefully the cortisone keeps working its magic and it doesn't return for awhile. Because rheumatoid arthritis is in the family genes I'm sure I'll be running into this shit again.

Comment

Good for you. I pray that God figures out your arthritis...and posture...and how you raise your kid to not be a sissy.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                I am also wondering if this could be the start of becoming old and decrepit.
                Start? That ship has already sailed.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                  Start? That ship has already sailed.
                  I haven't had any age-related problems or pain that I know of until now, if this even counts? Aren't you about my age too, mister?

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                  Good for you. I pray that God figures out your arthritis...and posture...and how you raise your kid to not be a sissy.
                  Thanks. I'll pray the butt-hurt in you is loosed.

Comment

Wont hurt taking anykind of omega 3 or any kind of joint pill. Think i may start taking them again. More now that i think my future self is screwed from a accident i had a few months ago.

Comment

Been on fish oil for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        Been on fish oil for quite some time.

I never tried fish oil. I for what ever reason tried MSM.

Comment

Still pain free. No more catch in the thumb so back to heavy lifting...

Comment

Working...
                          X