Epson 3850 vs BenQ w1070 projectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epson 3850 vs BenQ w1070 projectors

I have been looking into getting a projector for my theatre room and have narrowed it down between these two.
    The Epson is $1000 new or $900 refurbished and the BenQ is $730.
    The Epson has been around a few years and this model has built a name for itself.
    I was just wondering if the BenQ would be a better deal since it offers 3D and has a higher actual lumen count in tests.
    The BenQ is a DLP projector and one thing I have read bad about it is the light leakage.
    I do like that the Epson has lense shift so mounting the projector at the correct distance won't be an issue.
    Just wanted to get you guy's thoughts as I was first convinced to purchase the Epson but then ran across the BenQ...

I will be using it on this screen...
    [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00366KE3I/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX 0DER[/ame]

No issues with my 8350. That's the only one I've had so nothing to compare to. I keep it on eco mode on a 130" screen in a room with zero light.
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Epson

Comment

From what I understand, the Epson 8345 is essentially the same as the 8350 with a few of the minor bugs worked out. Not as many used ones on the market though. I'm looking for a good deal right now on either Epson model.

Comment

I've been watching EBay auctions and just picked up a used 8350 with a new bulb for $604 delivered! Now just for all the other stuff I need! Lol

Comment

I've had an 8350 for 3.5 years and love t.

Comment

I have the BenQ. I researched quite a bit and the BenQ consistently topped lists. In the 7 months that I have used it, I've been very happy with the brightness and clarity in all light levels. One of the bad reviews I kept reading was fan noise. That hasn't been a problem in my case.

Comment

I am trying to do my homework as well and thought I was sold on the 8350 but seriously giving this one some thought plus it's about 2/3rd's the price and offer's 3D(prob won't use it much tho)...

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                I have the BenQ. I researched quite a bit and the BenQ consistently topped lists. In the 7 months that I have used it, I've been very happy with the brightness and clarity in all light levels. One of the bad reviews I kept reading was fan noise. That hasn't been a problem in my case.
                Do you ever experience any rainbow effect since it is DLP?
                That is what worries me the most.

Comment

I haven't had any issues with rainbow effect. I will add that the image is a little dimmer when I use it for the pc. DVD and UVerse are very bright.

Comment

I went ahead and dropped the hammer this morning...
                    Amazon dropped the price of the Epson 8350 to $899(non-refurb) today which caught my eye.
                    I also noticed that B&H Photo had the 8350 for $888...both sellers being authorized so no future warranty issues.
                    Unfortunately Amazon has multiple locations in most likely every US state(which means sales tax is charged), but then I also noticed that B&H Photo is located in NY.
                    So in the end, I got a new 8350 on order for $888 shipped(or $820 before sales tax), which I thought was more than fair.

As for the screen, I am still going to use an Elite SableFrame but I upp'ed the size to 120".
                    Now gotta clean out the room very throughly this weekend, paint the walls and ceiling dark brown, and run all the electrical.

Comment

Working...
                    X