Who collects watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by txsr20de View Post
    Looks like the prices have gone up considerably since they were discontinued, that sucks. Same thing happened with the Black Monster. I would just start looking on eBay, I was able to get mine pretty cheap a few years ago with some nice aftermarket parts already installed(sapphire crystal, etc). Since I was planning on modding it and adding a sapphire crystal anyway, it was a no brainer. I think I paid around $120 3 or 4 years ago.

Also look for ones that have been modded already, they seem to sell for less, especially if they are ugly parts. With the huge availability of aftermarket and OEM parts and how easy they are to work on, you could easily change anything you didn't like and come out way ahead vs. buying a clean unmolested one. Or even buy a non running one, the 7S26 movements are a dime a dozen and easy to swap out with the right tools.

Apparently a common mod is upgrading the movement to NH36 . Since I’d be wearing it for work I’d probably mod the case and bezel to do PVD black. I’ve been finding them for about 200-250
    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Just delivered-

Comment

• That sure is purdy, Robert, congrats...
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          That sure is purdy, Robert, congrats...
          Thanks Henry!
          Wanted an auto Pam for a while. 1359 came out and I had been eyeballing it for a while, my guy got one in and couldn't pass it up.

Comment

• a steel band Luminor is one of the few watches I still really want.

since getting the apple watch for daily wear, I just don't wear anything else tho.

Comment

• My limit on spending money on nice watches in around $3k. I just can't seem to spend too much more than that since I only wear watches when I go out and since the pandemic, I haven't been anywhere. I do like the Pams though, especially that one that Robert bought.
              My next purchase will be a NOMOS Glashütte its just around my budget...
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                a steel band Luminor is one of the few watches I still really want.

since getting the apple watch for daily wear, I just don't wear anything else tho.
                He has one in stock. Bank wire today you’ll have it in hand Thursday

Comment

My limit on spending money on nice watches in around $3k. I just can't seem to spend too much more than that since I only wear watches when I go out and since the pandemic, I haven't been anywhere. I do like the Pams though, especially that one that Robert bought.
                  My next purchase will be a NOMOS Glashütte its just around my budget...
                  Keep checking his site, he will occasionally have a Pam Base for right over $3000

Till then - https://davidsw.com/watches/nomos-gl...mited-edition/

Comment

• I picked up an SKX007. I really hate some of the mods on it.

It’s already a NH36A movement. But I hate the date time wheel so I’ll probably just swap that out.
                    Gonna get a black dial and some different hands, as well as a blacked out bevel insert
                    Gonna change it to a black rubber strap.
                    I think it should look pretty good after that. The brown leather strap on it will probably look pretty good on my Citizen Nighthawk

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• I’m selling a couple of cheaper watches if anyone wants em.

75 each

I don’t know the model off the top of my head, but this is my citizen eco-drive.

Bulova sold
                      Last edited by Probie; 08-16-2020, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Latest. Always liked B&R, just never could pull the trigger for a luxury watch without an in-house movement. Scored this one brand new for about $900 off so said fuck it.

Comment

• Very nice, I've always been a little skeptical about squared typed watches, but that looks pimp...

Comment

Very nice, I've always been a little skeptical about squared typed watches, but that looks pimp...
                            Thanks Henry. It wears good, doesnt feel goofy on the wrist like I was worried it might....

Comment

• Alright time nerds. My son changed schools to go play baseball from OSU to Arkansas. That means I'm now the owner of the Luminox orange face watch we got him for OSU. I need something now for him with Arkansas colors. This is what we had for him, so looking for something along these lines and not with a metal band. TIA

Luminox Navy Seal Colormark on Chrono24.com. New offers daily. In stock now. Save favorite watches & buy your dream watch.

Comment

• Anybody know the difficulty of polishing/removing scratches from a crystal? My dad gave me several of his watches a few years back and I recently started wearing an old Hamilton(probably from the 70s) from the mix. It works like a champ but has some scratches across the face. I didn't know if this is something I can buff out or if it needs a jeweler to do it right?

I can post pics if needed when I get back to the house.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                                X