Who collects watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
    Anybody know the difficulty of polishing/removing scratches from a crystal? My dad gave me several of his watches a few years back and I recently started wearing an old Hamilton(probably from the 70s) from the mix. It works like a champ but has some scratches across the face. I didn't know if this is something I can buff out or if it needs a jeweler to do it right?

I can post pics if needed when I get back to the house.

Thanks in advance
    I am guessing it is Polycarbonate vs actual glass. You can try this https://www.amazon.com/Polywatch-Pla.../dp/B0014R9V9O

Comment

• It does have a plastic feel to it, so being polycarbonate makes sense. I'll give it a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
        Alright time nerds. My son changed schools to go play baseball from OSU to Arkansas. That means I'm now the owner of the Luminox orange face watch we got him for OSU. I need something now for him with Arkansas colors. This is what we had for him, so looking for something along these lines and not with a metal band. TIA

https://www.chrono24.com/luminox/lum...id16234898.htm
        Maybe go with a white face and order and after market maroon/crimson band.

Comment

• Comment

• Anyone looking for a Hublot?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Fate is where the poor people live

Comment

• Lol, you read the comments?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by scootro View Post
                  Cool vid, I'm amazed at how much wear there is inside that watch, you would think it would be protected from that kind of abuse, though time gets to us all. I would have preferred to see the face get cleaned up a bit better, though I'm ignorant to whether or not that's even possible for whatever reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    Cool vid, I'm amazed at how much wear there is inside that watch, you would think it would be protected from that kind of abuse, though time gets to us all. I would have preferred to see the face get cleaned up a bit better, though I'm ignorant to whether or not that's even possible for whatever reasons.
                    That was a great video and lets you see exactly how most watches are made to this day, I believe they keep that basic design. I was very impressed on how it came out and understand why he kept it vintage looking. Maybe on the face and crystal (plastic) he can't get those parts anymore.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• I like Omega Speedmasters, but they've become so common that I stopped considering them. Until I saw this.

This is the Omega Speedmaster "Silver Snoopy" and it is just so frakin' cool. I seriously looked around to buy one but they're already sold out unless Omega makes another run of them. Retail was ~$8000.

My wife was telling me I can only buy it if she's allowed to wear it.. HA!

Anyways, check it out. It's a very cool watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                        I like Omega Speedmasters, but they've become so common that I stopped considering them. Until I saw this.

This is the Omega Speedmaster "Silver Snoopy" and it is just so frakin' cool. I seriously looked around to buy one but they're already sold out unless Omega makes another run of them. Retail was ~$8000.

My wife was telling me I can only buy it if she's allowed to wear it.. HA!

Anyways, check it out. It's a very cool watch.
                        Cool watch, I am actually wearing a Speedmaster right now, but it AINT $30k+ cool.

And as far as them being common, although every collection should include one, I have never came across another person wearing one in the wild.

Comment

Working...
                        X