Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIN search

Short version:

A good buddy bought a truck from Arkansas, title had a lien, he contacted the bank and they cleared it up and sent a lien release. Filed for a Texas title. He just received a letter from the state stating " A nationwide database shows there is a more current title issued on this vehicle. That title must be surrendered in order for a title to be processed in your name in Texas."

Can anyone run the vin so we can compare it to the information he has from the seller?

1GCDR14H1HF380424 1987 C10

Thank you, David

I hope he got a good deal on it cause that's gonna be a problem... any recourse to the seller?

One questions how another title got processed/issued without the original lien being cleared.

mardyn

Comment

I'd be curious to know what exactly got cleared up with the bank, my guess is that their left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and they already sent the release (to the previous owner), thus it getting titled.

Comment

It came out of Mena Arkansas area and the seller currently appears to be ghosting my buddy.

I'd have to ask to get the details again, but the gist of what I remember is that the title showed a lien when our local tag office went to start the title paperwork. My buddy contacted the bank the lien was under and the gentleman that the truck was titled to had several items under a note. He'd paid the note amount down low enough that they could release the truck title and still be covered by the remaining assets.

Comment

Maybe he'll get really lucky and the seller just gave him the wrong (earlier) title.

Strange how the seller now suddenly becomes hard to find once money has changed hands.

Seems to happen most of the time.... or in my case it did.

mardyn

Comment

I bought a 79 Trans Am many moons ago (mid 90s IIRC) with a lien on the title from the original owner. Car had 10000 miles on it. There was exactly one of those bank branches left in Garland Texas. Called them up, threw my pitch, bank manager said bring it out I will sign off on it since it has been purged from his records. Story was, she bought it new, didn't want to pay on it, didn't want bank to get it back, so she parked it in a field at one of her relatives. My buddy just happened by, pulled off and asked, relative sold it for 1000.00, which is what I paid. Probably a 100000 car now restored properly. HA.

To the OP, maybe he got a title loan on it in a another state. Not sure if the fly by night places can check multiple states.
            Last edited by kingjason; 12-01-2020, 01:33 PM.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I believe the owner was/is an alcoholic from what my buddy was told. He bought the truck with as an open title basically, so we aren't dealing with the original owner. It's a gamble we've taken numerous times and generally never a problem until it is.

The title paperwork was filed back in September and he just got the letter recently so my memory is a tad foggy on all the details. I just told him I'd see if I could get any info before he goes to see the local title office lady to see what to do.

My only assumption would be that maybe the title was lost and filed for and then the old one was found and that's what he was given. Just a wild guess at this point.

Comment

Current title holder - MICHAEL DEWEY BURKLEO
                Current Plate number - NWB8406
                Title notes-
                TITLE REJECTED
                TITLE CONTROL SYSTEMS
                [11/06/2020]
                NMVTIS HOLD: [10/05/2020]
                PAPER TITLE

Comment

Burkleo is my friend

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                    Burkleo is my friend
                    It is in his name then.
                    He can go to Carrolton Tax Office (if local to DFW) with his DL and get a copy of the title.
                    The title document number is 09100244104075606

Comment

^^That's, at minimum, somewhat encouraging information...

Comment

Agreed, much better than I expected

Comment

Working...
                        X