Honest Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest Question

Lots of wild stuff going on in the world these days. Been that way for a while, I suppose. I know there are lots of different viewpoints, and that many feel very strongly about their own. I’ve certainly been thinking, and decided I’d like to know where you stand on this one very serious question:

Would you eat worms if it gave you the power to fly around like a superhero? I mean, birds do it, but I’m not even suggesting you’d have to flap you arms like wings. If eating night crawlers somehow meant you could just point ahead and push off with your feet, and you could take off and soar through the clouds, with precision steering and braking, at 100-ish mph, and land safely on your feet every time, would you do it? And if so, how many worms would you be willing to eat? 2-3? A small handful? A large bowl?

I think I would eat a handful of live worms every morning if it allowed me to fly like that all day and all night. At some point, I gotta draw the line on the grubby gourmet, but maybe I’d get used to it after a while. It’s tough to imagine waking up too many days and saying “Ya know, worms are gross. I don’t even care that I could fly. I’ll eat graham crackers and take the bus”.

Would it matter if everyone could do the same thing? Would it then lose its luster? For the sake of this proposal, let’s just say you’d be the only one, and that no one would try to stop you. Or, would that just make it more exciting? “Catch me if you can, you poor, gravity-sensitive schmucks! (not you, Mom).”

Anyway, birds are cool, and they make it look easy. Fish eat worms, and most of them can’t even fly. I’m in. You?

Originally posted by jluv View Post
    Lots of wild stuff going on in the world these days. Been that way for a while, I suppose. I know there are lots of different viewpoints, and that many feel very strongly about their own. I’ve certainly been thinking, and decided I’d like to know where you stand on this one very serious question:

Would you eat worms if it gave you the power to fly around like a superhero? I mean, birds do it, but I’m not even suggesting you’d have to flap you arms like wings. If eating night crawlers somehow meant you could just point ahead and push off with your feet, and you could take off and soar through the clouds, with precision steering and braking, at 100-ish mph, and land safely on your feet every time, would you do it? And if so, how many worms would you be willing to eat? 2-3? A small handful? A large bowl?

I think I would eat a handful of live worms every morning if it allowed me to fly like that all day and all night. At some point, I gotta draw the line on the grubby gourmet, but maybe I’d get used to it after a while. It’s tough to imagine waking up too many days and saying “Ya know, worms are gross. I don’t even care that I could fly. I’ll eat graham crackers and take the bus”.

Would it matter if everyone could do the same thing? Would it then lose its luster? For the sake of this proposal, let’s just say you’d be the only one, and that no one would try to stop you. Or, would that just make it more exciting? “Catch me if you can, you poor, gravity-sensitive schmucks! (not you, Mom).”

Anyway, birds are cool, and they make it look easy. Fish eat worms, and most of them can’t even fly. I’m in. You?
    How much acid did you take?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      Thats no answer to the question!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        All of it.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          All of it.

Comment

You can't fly?
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

LMMFAO! Solid content, even if it's a copy/pasta

Comment

Hmm... Interesting question. I'll eat the whole bowl of worms, IF the power of flight is permanent. And the worms are guaranteed not to yield any undesired effect, like parasites. Then yeah, I'm eating the worms.

And I think I can speak for talisman when I say, that taste wouldn't be a concern here. The power of flight would be the important part.
                WH

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                  LMMFAO! Solid content, even if it's a copy/pasta
                  Nope. It popped in my head and I just started typing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    Hmm... Interesting question. I'll eat the whole bowl of worms, IF the power of flight is permanent. And the worms are guaranteed not to yield any undesired effect, like parasites. Then yeah, I'm eating the worms.

And I think I can speak for talisman when I say, that taste wouldn't be a concern here. The power of flight would be the important part.
                    Yes, these would be safe, grade A worms. However, I doubt the power would be permanent. I mean, what kind of worms could make you fly forever after just one bowl? That’s absurd!

Comment

So are the worms like the human equivalent of jet fuel? Like the more I eat the farther I can fly? How big is said bowl? Can I cook them first? Seasoning allowed?
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

if that were true i could cruse to town at mach3 . if a country kids tells you he never ate worms he's lying .

Comment

We eat birds and they eat worms
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                            Yes, these would be safe, grade A worms. However, I doubt the power would be permanent. I mean, what kind of worms could make you fly forever after just one bowl? That’s absurd!
                            Spiderman got bit one time.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Nope, I'm not seeing how the ability to fly would have any positive effect on my life, so no sense in going through the unpleasantry of eating worms.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X