Should I feel bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I feel bad?

I live out in the sticks on a county road. I bought this house b/c of that. I wanted somewhere that my kids and dogs wouldn’t get ran over if they wandered on the street. I’ll preface this by saying I have an eleven year old rescue dog, she’s some sort of cow dog as I call her. My 1 & 2 year old climb all over her. She’s never bit anything and I’ve had her since she was a puppy.

Some faggot wearing his full highland park bicycle riding gittup rode down the road and she chased him. He ate shit b/c he got scared. I yelled at her to come back and I could hear him clicking his gears to get away while yelling. Clearly this ass hat doesn’t live here. Should I feel bad? My wife didn’t think it was funny.

Nope. The Asshat shouldn't be riding out in the country if he doesn't know how to handle random dogs.

Comment

Agreed. My dog weighs 35 pounds. He was rolling solo. I’m on the blue bonnet trail and we get a bunch of motorcycles, bike riders, and back road drinkers. It’s annoying to us locals.

Comment

I see these same asshats, normally in groups, riding in the county roads here in Johnson county all the time. Most of these roads are curvy and make 90 degree turns. They hog the road which doesn’t work with me. Sometimes coming around a corner or over a hill there they are. Surprised there aren’t more run over.

CN

Comment

At the same time, if your dog attacks him while he's on a public road, he has the right to shoot your dog.

Are you ok with that?
          sigpic

Comment

Typically counties have leash or fence laws, so if your dog hurts someone, you're usually liable. Bicyclist has every right to use the road, even if they are annoying. I always make sure my dog is contained on my property.

Comment

Better in the country than in town! I worked in Las Colinas for about 18 years and couldn't begin to count how many of those guys would ride up and down Northgate, O'Connor and MacArthur during rush hour. Usually 2-4 together but sometimes there would be groups of 20 plus..

Comment

So, you think you own the roadway in front of your house and people shouldn't be able to ride a bike or walk in front of it? I can't stand irresponsible dog owners and yes I live in the country in the middle of no where and have two dogs. I also can't remember how many stories start off with my dog would never bite anyone, and end with someone in the ER, people getting multiple tickets (Leash. Vax, registration), and paying for their dog being in quarantine 14 days, which is state law. Let it happen twice and your dog gets deemed dangerous and you will have to cage them with a concrete floored kennel, or they put them down. Depending on the county you could be cited and if he was injured you could be sued. Plus, as mentioned above your dog could have been shot by the cyclist, legally, which would probably lead you to do something stupid thus causing you more legal issues. If you are going to let him roam at least get an invisible fence or something. I finally had the one at the end of my street picked up by AC, that was left in the front yard and charged everyone. I usually just out pedal them but some come out of no where and they like to go for your achilles tendon. I had a racing trike at some point, and the reason I got rid of it was irresponsible dog owners and me not wanting to pop one while riding. At least the guy was in the country and not clogging up a major roadway like everyone frowns upon. Oh, and his gear he was wearing is specifically designed for riding, the shorts have chamois in the crotch and the shirts are moisture wicking and very aero. Sorry it doesn't meet your sense of style but they tend to make that stuff bright so people don't run over cyclists.

So, yes you should feel bad. Also they do a shit load of damage to cars when they are just lingering in the street and get hit. You could have to pay for some ones repairs.

I am the last one to show sympathy for some one getting bit that is somewhere they shouldn't be, but the the roadway is not one of those places.
                Last edited by kingjason; 12-07-2020, 03:35 AM.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

You are responsible for keeping the pup on your property. That’s really all there is to it!
                  2012 GT500

Comment

I guess you shouldn’t feel any different if the guy felt attacked and put a round in the dog.

Comment

Where’s he going to keep the gun? Is it in his spandex or fanny pack? He said he crashed on his own, not that he got bit, so yeah that is funny. I agree that he can defend himself and can ride where he wants.

CN

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                        So, you think you own the roadway in front of your house and people shouldn't be able to ride a bike or walk in front of it? I can't stand irresponsible dog owners and yes I live in the country in the middle of no where and have two dogs. I also can't remember how many stories start off with my dog would never bite anyone, and end with someone in the ER, people getting multiple tickets (Leash. Vax, registration), and paying for their dog being in quarantine 14 days, which is state law. Let it happen twice and your dog gets deemed dangerous and you will have to cage them with a concrete floored kennel, or they put them down. Depending on the county you could be cited and if he was injured you could be sued. Plus, as mentioned above your dog could have been shot by the cyclist, legally, which would probably lead you to do something stupid thus causing you more legal issues. If you are going to let him roam at least get an invisible fence or something. I finally had the one at the end of my street picked up by AC, that was left in the front yard and charged everyone. I usually just out pedal them but some come out of no where and they like to go for your achilles tendon. I had a racing trike at some point, and the reason I got rid of it was irresponsible dog owners and me not wanting to pop one while riding. At least the guy was in the country and not clogging up a major roadway like everyone frowns upon. Oh, and his gear he was wearing is specifically designed for riding, the shorts have chamois in the crotch and the shirts are moisture wicking and very aero. Sorry it doesn't meet your sense of style but they tend to make that stuff bright so people don't run over cyclists.

So, yes you should feel bad. Also they do a shit load of damage to cars when they are just lingering in the street and get hit. You could have to pay for some ones repairs.

I am the last one to show sympathy for some one getting bit that is somewhere they shouldn't be, but the the roadway is not one of those places.
                        Must’ve been you. Cool outfit bro. You looked super comfy with your chamois maxi pad on.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                          Better in the country than in town! I worked in Las Colinas for about 18 years and couldn't begin to count how many of those guys would ride up and down Northgate, O'Connor and MacArthur during rush hour. Usually 2-4 together but sometimes there would be groups of 20 plus..
                          That’s where this hippie hobby should stay. In town.

Comment

And I own half the road. The property owner across the street owns the other half. The county has a road way easement. But my main point is if you ride out in the country this is a risk you take. Everyone’s dogs roam here. Dogs that bite are shot. Pit bulls that are dumped are shot.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                              And I own half the road. The property owner across the street owns the other half. The county has a road way easement. But my main point is if you ride out in the country this is a risk you take. Everyone’s dogs roam here. Dogs that bite are shot. Pit bulls that are dumped are shot.
                              I guess if you're okay with the risk that your dog will get shot, then let him keep roaming. As far as that particular bicyclist, there are risks riding and dogs chasing you are one of them.
                              Ford
                              GM
                              Toyota
                              VAG

Comment

Working...
                              X