Should the Cowboys change their name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Cowboys change their name?

Cattle are how I make my living. Always have, always will. The only thing I have ever done. I was literally riding horses before I could walk. Competed in many various horse related competitions during my lifetime. Worked and tended cattle, literally, since I was old enough to cut the wire off a bale of hay. I do not own a single pair of shoes. Boots only, for as long as I can remember. Hell, my dress boots have steel toes. Never wore a pair of sandals a single day of my life. I am never seen without wearing a feed cap or a sweated out cowboy hat. I have never owned a pair of slacks, or even khaki's. Endured many work related injuries, not the least of, losing my right eye. I could go on and on, but think I have made my point.

With that said, and not going into specific obvious changes in the names of sports related teams across this great country. I am insulted, as a Cowboy.

Please join me in lobbying Jerry Jones to change the racially insulting name!
    Shooting for 1000 posts in 15, well make that 20 years.

6.2L Raptor, 5.9 & 6.7 Cummins, 09 SRT Challenger, 93 331R-block Cobra, 70 6-pack Cuda, 71 383 Cuda vert.

I didn't know Cowboy was a designated race.

Comment

We can always refer to them as the “cowgirls” especially this season
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Gotta be a joke. I don't know any ranch hands, cowboys, rodeo cowboys, etc. that would be offended...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I think this had to do with the Redskins dropping their name. And now yesterday Cleveland announced they are dropping the Indians name, because some woke white liberals who don’t even watch professional sports were offended.

Comment

Perhaps the Indians should change their name to the Cleveland Indigenous Peoples. I knew there was some flap about the Chief Wahoo mascot they used to have, but not about the name "Indians". I must presume the Kansas City Chiefs might be in line then too for a name before much longer.

Comment

You voted for Biden/Harris, didn't you? Any real cowboy insulted by the Dallas Cowboys surely voted for President Harris.

Comment

The movie will now become real.

Visit my "HK and Cult Film News" blog: http://www.hkfilmnews.blogspot.comThis classic football movie starring Nick Nolte......features a smooth jazzy score b...

Comment

This thread is almost as dumb as putting dfwstanger since 2000 in your custom user text when your join date is already directly below your custom user text.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    This thread is almost as dumb as putting dfwstanger since 2000 in your custom user text when your join date is already directly below your custom user text.
                    not woke.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                      Gotta be a joke. I don't know any ranch hands, cowboys, rodeo cowboys, etc. that would be offended...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                      Or a real cowboy post threads on the WWW._____.com

Comment

Well, I didn't really think anyone would take this post serious. The point is, growing up, and as an adult, I never thought of any of the sports names, professional or otherwise, as having anything to do with anything other than, just what is is. A team sport name. To me the Redskins will always be the Redskins. The Indians, the Indians. The Cowboys, the Cowgirls. Simple. End of story.

It appears to me, that, of all places, one can't even joke around DFWstangs anymore. This forum has changed. Like it or not. Too many, here, just as in society take everything in the literal sense.

So far as the Cowboy's name. The Indians, or most any other was named to honor, not to degrade.

I raise bucking bulls for fun. Just to keep things interesting, around hundreds of purebred black cattle. Yes, I raise black angus also. Does that offend anyone? I think not.

6.2L Raptor, 5.9 & 6.7 Cummins, 09 SRT Challenger, 93 331R-block Cobra, 70 6-pack Cuda, 71 383 Cuda vert.

Comment

i dont know any "cowboys" that fuck around on the internet...

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            LOL, well, since you are a semi noob, I will explain. There was a time when the join date was not listed. It may have been brief, but there was a time, maybe when they changed servers or such. So, thank you for pointing that out. I'm too lazy to change it. Live with it.

Comment

It is funny how ongoing payments some Indian tribes makes all the controversy over these names go away.
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X