Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
    That was the dirtiest shit I ever saw.
    Ruptured ear drum (or whatever ear trauma) was caused my an illegal back of the head strike in the 2nd (ish) round. Sure hard to fight when your equilibrium is completely gone.
    The replays were trash because at least one of those "knock downs" was 100% a trip. Nearly every time the ref was on one side, Fury would guillotine Wilder on the opposite side. Totally maximum dirty.
    I don't think it's an illegal back of the head punch when you are flinching because you just missed your punch. I do agree with them hitting in the clinch after being told to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
      I don't think it's an illegal back of the head punch when you are flinching because you just missed your punch. I do agree with them hitting in the clinch after being told to stop.
      not only those rabbit punches, it was the headlocks that bothered me
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
        not only those rabbit punches, it was the headlocks that bothered me
        Headlocks didn't actually bother me much. That's always a strategy of a taller boxer and isn't dirty. I dont like the hits after a ref calls for the stop/break.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
          With the way Wilder was eating every punch Mike would have slaughtered him in first round. Fury though... Mike may have lost. Mike would have had problems with Furys size of Fury did his jab step away that he did to Wilder. That's the main reason Lennox was able to beat Tyson. And the fact that Lennox was in Mike's head.
          This is just my opinion, but I think 1988/1989 Mike Tyson would have chopped Fury down like a tree and hit him with that nasty uppercut. Mike had a wicked ferocity and he hit like a freight train. He had a lot of emotional problems that affected his training, which was his undoing. Not just in boxing, but in life.
          Last edited by LS1Goat; 02-25-2020, 07:27 AM.

Comment

What about Rocky Marciano?

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
              Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That's their one, that's their one. Rocky Marciano. Rocky Marciano. Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That's their one, that's their one. Rocky Marciano. Rocky Marciano. Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit.
                ahahahahahaha!!!

Great movie, 'Coming to America', the other one that Eddie Murphy I believe directed and was responsible for all of it was 'Harlem Nights' that movie is even funnier than CtA. It has Richard Pryor, Redd Foxx, Arsenio Hall, Eddie Murphy, Danny Aielo, nothing but cussing and stand up type R-rated dialogue.

https://youtu.be/JBOq0nY1rQE NSFW, dumb ass's...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                  This is just my opinion, but I think 1988/1989 Mike Tyson would have chopped Fury down like a tree and hit him with that nasty uppercut. Mike had a wicked ferocity and he hit like a freight train. He had a lot of emotional problems that affected his training, which was his undoing. Not just in boxing, but in life.
                  Well Lewis having it stipulated that he had x min to come to the ring and making Tyson shadow box for 30+ min before Lewis entered helped too :-P.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                    Not a chance. This era of heavyweights are way too big and fast. Fury is an actually good boxer that's been bred for it his entire life. He is actually named after mike tyson afterall.

Comment

Working...
                    X