Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would Dfwm do? My ligustrums all have fresh growth down by the base of each plant. I planted them last year and they were a little over 1’ tall. Do you keep them since they’ve been established for almost a year and supposed to be fast growing or pull them up and replace them because they were only $22 a plant?

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
      What would Dfwm do? My ligustrums all have fresh growth down by the base of each plant. I planted them last year and they were a little over 1’ tall. Do you keep them since they’ve been established for almost a year and supposed to be fast growing or pull them up and replace them because they were only $22 a plant?

I’d replace them. The lower part was insulated by the snow. No telling how long it’ll take for them to come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I replaced and moved several of my shrubs due to damage.

Comment

I'm in a similar situation with my indian hawthorne's. One is dead, the other three have good growth down low. They were planted just a few weeks before the storm.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Stopped by the same nursery I bought the original plants, last year price $22 this year, $70. I think I’ll see how well mine do

Comment

Stopped by the same nursery I bought the original plants, last year price $22 this year, $70. I think I’ll see how well mine do
              Grab tree/shrub fertilizer. It should help them come back

Comment

I need to knock another half inch or so off of it, later this week. Trying to get it back down to 2" or less. It may not look like it, but this one area(it wraps around teh back of teh house) is right at 6k square feet and will overfill a 90gal dumpster with clippings.

Comment

Recap - sod was laid first week or so of December.

Think I'm safe to spray some 2-4D? I'm starting to get concerned that the weeds are going to choke out the bermuda before long

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                    Recap - sod was laid first week or so of December.

Think I'm safe to spray some 2-4D? I'm starting to get concerned that the weeds are going to choke out the bermuda before long

Yes, just spot spray with a purpose and don’t blanket spray. It’ll be fine. Feed that Bermuda some too.

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
                      Yes, just spot spray with a purpose and don’t blanket spray. It’ll be fine. Feed that Bermuda some too.

I put 15-5-10 down about a week ago in the front yard

Edited to add some photos of the weed situation. I hate winter yards for this reason. Weeds show up at every single edge of the sod.
                      Last edited by black2002ls; 04-15-2021, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Maybe they will post now

Comment

Not much action in here as of late!

I did a soil test first part of June and found that pH was high, I had zero nitrogen, p and K were high.

I put down some elemental sulphur and started with liquid fertilizer for Nitrogen, I used Scotts until this last round. I bought some Sunday and put it down.

Comment

Working...
                          X