• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    Facts don't fear monger:

2019 global oil consumption is 4525 Mtoe/a
    2019 global oil demand for transportation is 2668 Mtoe/a

In 2020 there were 10 million EVs on the road, displacing 6 Mtoe/a
    In 2040 it's expected there will be 600 million EVs on the road, displacing 360 Mtoe/a

In 2019, 98 Mtoe/a of oil were displaced by renewable fuels
    In 2040 it's expected that 1071 Mtoe/a of oil will be displaced by renewable products.

Even in 2040, if you take the optimistic EV projections and the optimistic renewable fuel projections, only 50% of the crude oil needed for transportation will be displaced.
    Creating nuclear weapons from a mere idea and going to the moon will pale in comparison to the effort required to convert our power supply to renewables.

We have been building electrical infrastructure in this country since Thomas Edison electrified Menlo Park nearly 140 years ago and the current Administration and the wacko Greenies expect us to build up our electrical infrastructure by six times that in the next 15 years. Not going to happen.

The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray.......
    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 10-23-2021, 03:16 PM.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      Creating nuclear weapons from a mere idea and going to the moon will pale in comparison to the effort required to convert our power supply to renewables.

We have been building electrical infrastructure in this country since Thomas Edison electrified Menlo Park nearly 140 years ago and the current Administration and the wacko Greenies expect us to build up our electrical infrastructure by six times that in the next 15 years. Not going to happen.

The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray.......
      I truly believe these people, all of them know this. This is all a money grab. There’s tons and tons of money to be made and lots of industries to make that money being created. By the time all is said and done these people will be millions richer. It’s so transparent, you just have to read between the lines and see how hippo critical they are and follow the money. Hell just look at the carbon credits as an example. Paying to be dirty? Basically a tax. Just call it a tax. When the true believers and loudest or proponents of this start living like the Amish and practice what they preach, then I might be a believer.

Comment

Speaking of oil and gas

I would tell the UN to fuck the right off. If a
        Abbott had any balls he would do just that.

Comment

Thomas Edison was an egomaniac who did not want to admit that Tesla was right about alternating current being the way to go.
          ... Yes, exactly my point.

The oil industry is only dead/dying in the minds of people that don't like it.
          If there are enough of them, that's all it takes. History shows that pretty well.

In 2040 it's expected that 1071 Mtoe/a of oil will be displaced by renewable products.
          Doesn't sound good if global is 4525

Even in 2040, if you take the optimistic EV projections and the optimistic renewable fuel projections, only 50% of the crude oil needed for transportation will be displaced.
          Only 50%? Doesn't sound good..

So what's the total you'll be down by 2040? Factoring in that 50% for transportation, and all the other sectors. Like an industry average. Sounds like it might be 30%. Well, that would make you 30% dead. Not good.

My take: You can't beat public perception, she's batting a thousand. Just look at all the stuff that's gone the way of the dinosaur, just because public opinion changed. I'm making no claim as to which one is "better". I'm saying that it's not going to matter either way. It's all they talk about. They hate your industry, they've got no love for you, and they control most of the media apparatus. They may not be able to take everyone's guns away or force everybody to get vaccinated, but they'll have their way on the environmental stuff. Slowly but surely they're doing it. All the "Ra Ra's" you're hearing from your management, your whole industry won't sway them. I doubt you personally have anything to worry about, as I'm sure you'll be able to retire early. But there's an awful lot of people who want it all to go away. And they work at it.
          WH

Comment

People will vilify the oil industry and say that it has to end until they realize that everything they touch in their life is made out of petroleum and life as they know it will simply cease to exist without petroleum
            Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 10-25-2021, 04:55 PM.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
            X